Not sleeping is getting old.

Jcliff

Reaction score
And waking up tired for work is horrible.. Back pain, leg cramps, everytime I switch sides I have to pee, baby kicking, acid reflux. It's just terrible! Thank goodness I start my maternity Wednesday! I can sleep during the day!

I'm with you in this one. I think I wake up more tired than when I go to bed at night!

Oh dear, that does sound horrible! Bring on the maternity leave :D

If you haven't already, I'd recommend trying the following:

- Don't have anything to drink for at least an hour before you go to bed
- Bring an extra pillow for under your bump or for your 'top' leg to lean on when lying on your side
- Have a nice quiet hour or so before you go to bed. Sit and relax or have a nice bath, read a book, anything so you feel nice and calm.

I hope this helps! :sleep:

A new thing is not being able to breath! it's awful! I guess I should invest in a pregnancy pillow that every praises. I was trying to suck it up for the next few weeks but no thanks

A new thing is not being able to breath! it's awful! I guess I should invest in a pregnancy pillow that every praises. I was trying to suck it up for the next few weeks but no thanks

I'm not sure whether to get a pregnancy pillow, I'm doing ok so far but I have a lot of 'growing' still to come! If you do get one let me know how you get on with it :)

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!!!!!!

I toss and I turn, my sides get sore from laying on one side too long, my hands fall asleep, the air condition and fan are on full blast and I still am sweating, I have to pee every 2 hours or so....its just crazy! lol

every pregnancy is DEFINATELY different....my other 2 were nothing like this!! I am so ready for June to come around!
and mind you...we are so over not being able to sleep...as if when the baby comes it will be any easier. lol

I'm so with you on this one!! Last night, after I FINALLY fell asleep, I was having a dream and during it, the baby was kicking and squirming around like crazy, I woke up with a full bladder and baby was, in fact, kicking and squirming around like crazy. It then took me another 2 hours to fall back to sleep! I feel like a walking zombie this morning!

It's like reading about myself lol!! Sleep appears to be a thing of the past! So tired at work and got a few weeks to go yet. I get tearful so easily now as well because I'm just so tired. :( it's all for a very good reason though :) x

I could have written ur post!!! I sleep with my pregnancy pillow and surround myself with others but my back is so sore :-( when i first go to bed i crash for a few hours but once i start getting up to pee i dont get back into a proper sleep :-( x

i hate not being able to sleep also! between leg cramps, baby kicking, needing to pee, coughing (i have a chest infection at the minute), heartburn, sore hips, OH snoring and a toddler that gets up several times at night i'm suprised i manage to get any sleep! x

Right there with you hon!

I've been sleeping a little bit better since I started putting a pillow behind myself (keeps me from rolling onto my back during the night). I also stop drinking fluids about an hour or two before bedtime. That really helps!

As for back pain... I have terrible back pain, and I always have. But I took an hour and a half walk on Saturday with my DH and a friend, and I swear the next day my back felt a lot better! I've always heard that walking was the best thing a pregnant woman can do for her back, but I didn't believe it till yesterday. I take short walks every day with my DH but I think that long walk really helped a lot more.

I haven't had more than 4 hours of sleep in a night in 2 months now. I definitely am sick and tired of being sick and TIRED! And I can't take naps because I have a 15 month old home with me all day, and I spend his nap time making dinner and straightening up the house as much as I can. Darned SPD and having to pee every 5 minutes, especially...

When you're able to nap during the day, nap extra for me. hehe

Looks like there are a few of us then! 2:20am is my new wake time.:growlmad: Sucks!!! Sometimes I'm lucky enough to toss and turn after that and occasionally get more disrupted sleep... Other times (like last night) I can't get back to sleep. I gave up and tried to sleep on the couch. It helped a little with my frustration.... But I didn't sleep. Pregnancy pillow & v shaped pillow, hugging a teddy bear and ear plugs still didnt help. :dohh: what's a girl to do.

It only gets worse...I plan on working until my due date as I run a credit union and I still have so much to do...just trying to keep my mind busy and occupied. I find that I think about this all more at home than at work as my days are crazy insane at work.

- Bring an extra pillow for under your bump or for your 'top' leg to lean on when lying on your side
- Have a nice quiet hour or so before you go to bed. Sit and relax or have a nice bath, read a book, anything so you feel nice and calm.

For me I try not to drink a hour before bed but I find that I am up every hour still to pee and sometimes less and I always wake up really thirsty so I end up having to drink some water

Yeah .. That crap doesn't work lol tired every trick in the book

I hear you! Is there anyway you can finish work earlier? I finished at 32 weeks (am now 35 weeks preg) & I'm still struggling during the day (although I do have a lot going on).

OMG, just laughing as we are all in sleep hell together. My hubby moved to other bedroom as I was driving him crazy turning on TV. My newest technique, body pillow starting at feet with chain of two other pillows above that...with a tiny pillow that rests outside of that to hold my arm and TV remote...then I turn down TV to barely audible and I randomly scan channels until my eyes get tired to fall asleep...i do this several times a night after peeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->