Not sleeping??

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Niamh has been awake since 3pm. :shock: She won't settle at all and she's never been like this. Usually she'll wake up, have a feed, stay awake for maybe 30mins then sleep. But we're going on NINE hours now and she just keeps crying in bursts, then is a bit calm. I've tried everything. Whats going on???

She could be overly tired, they are sooooooo hard to get to sleep when they get to that stage. I'm guessing she doesn't act like her tummy is hurting? Has she had a bowel movement lately? Do you find that her being in one position over another calms her more?

That's probably exactly what it is. Don't know why I didn't think of that!

She had a bowel movement about 10mins ago, which was normal. I find that if I rock her she becomes calmer, but she still won't sleep even if I rock her or put her in her swinging rocker.

I had 3 hours sleep last night so I'm getting really tired now. It's hard when you can't do anything to settle them.

Yep overtired. Can take forever to get them down when they get to this point. Will she let you lay down with her? Maybe you could get some rest that way? I know when Hannah got to that point we would have to hold her and rock her continuously for a few hours :wacko:

Tried her on my boob. She fed for 45mins or so then kept wanting more so I gave her a bottle, but she's still crying but won't take my boob or a bottle now. She just cries more and gets really frustrated.

What I usually do is let her nurse until she's really sleepy, then put her on my chest and pat her back then lie down with her on my chest and when she's in a deep sleep I lie her next to me. None of that is working for some reason.

Tried her with a dummy too as we were desperate.

I've just had my knees up with her lying on them, and me bouncing and rocking my knees for about an hour. She closed her eyes for 5mins then woke up crying again - so yep definitely overtired :dohh:

Did bowel movement settle her? Caitlin got/gets like this when shes full of farts or needs a bowel movement! Usually they show these signs at your LOs age by their leg movements.

Over tired is a nightmare though!

Hope you get more than 3 hours tonight hun x

When Tom works himself up really bad, we give him some calpol which tends to settle him eventually.. he does have a virus though lol

Hope she settles for you, I know what its like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->