Not so much appetite for milk?

AP

Reaction score
Alex sometimes just doesnt finish a full bottle of milk. She gets a bit of breakfast and a bit of lunch so far.
She might leave an ounce or so, but she fights so much as she does not want it

Could it be that I'm giving her too much food?(she only gets a few baby spoonfuls)

Or could it be that shes pretty fed up of milk?(bearing in mind shes had milk in her body since 28 weeks gestation as she was early)

Or is it just the norm? x

I'm not entirely sure how old Alex is, is she about 7 months uncorrected?? I think that's the norm to not want quite so much milk. Ruby dropped some milk at about that age. As long as she's happy and putting on weight ok I really wouldn't worry. Maybe speak to your HV too.

Hey Sandi,

Matthew was the same has never been a milky baby at all. Now that he is bigger the Paed not constantly trying to get him swimming in milk :happydance: At about Alex's age he was maybe on breakfast and a wee bit of food at tea time he soon started getting fussy and only taking 2oz max at his tea time bottle so we stopped the tea time feed and he took all his other milk no prob. This week we have dropped his lunchtime feed as again he didnt want it. So now he gets 7oz at morning and another 7oz at bedtime and he is very content (and a grubber) he gets all 3 meals, yoghurt after lunch and a small pud (usually rice or fruit combo's) and finger foods as snacks in between if required.

Alex will soon make it clear when she is ready to drop a feed, to me it sounds like lunchtime is where she no longer needs is, have you introduced lunch yet? xx

mum2b_clair yup shes 7 months

bumpsmum this whole thing is scaring the pants off me.

Its used to be the first morning feed she didnt care for. So we started doing brekkie with it, and now shes not interested in the following feed as much.

She has
8.30 6oz milk and a few spoonfils of rice/prridge
11.30 6oz ( but only took half today)
2.30 6oz milk and lunch
5.30 6oz mlk
8.30 6oz milk n bed

oh tell me about it I was the same scared the pants off me worrying about choking was his digestive system developed enough for it but your confidence grows with each meal I promise.

Do you bf or ff feed, I see Alex is on a 3 hourly feed maybe even trying to offer her lunch when she is due a milk feed then the milk an hour later spacing it to 4 hours between milk she is maybe not taking so much milk at lunch time coz she knows yummy food is next? Just a thought Matthew is toeture just now my oh gave him breakfast fri and sat there and didnt know how to make porridge :dohh: so gave him a yoghurt!!! So.......now he is refusing to accept cereal or toast and only wants yoghurt!!! Men eh............!
I stood my ground he took 3 spoonfuls of weetabix with banana then 1/4 toast with phili had his milk before hand and did not give him a yoghurt, well it was like a mexican standoff..........and I won hehe.

These wee babies are sure smart and cuning xx

Lily will only take 2 or 3 3oz bottles a day now x

Dannielle has started going off her milk too and shes 9 months. Currently she has a bottle at breakfast, tea and night time. With breakfast meal, lunch with juice to drink, and a meal at tea time.

Is this too much food? Seems to love food more than milk at the moment tho and pays lots of attention to us when we have our dinner!

She's putting on weight tho and seems happy enough even when she doesnt finish her night time bottle :baby::baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->