Not so sure our middle name is the right thing to do anymore.

ZoeyKaspian

Reaction score
BOTH me and my fiance aren't sure the middle name is the right thing to do anymore. I was thinking it, didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to hurt my fiance, but my fiance brought it up himself awhile back. Benjamin is after his brother, but when we told his brother, he acted really aloof about it. I was kind of on the fence about it and the main reason I said yes was because originally with his first son, he wanted to have the middle name after his brother and his ex insisted no, but since then, his brother has treated him pretty poorly and not to mention, me as well. We are on the same page about changing it (and fully aware of consequences and have a plan for them), but we really can't think of anything that goes with Atlas. Any suggestions?

BOTH me and my fiance aren't sure the middle name is the right thing to do anymore. I was thinking it, didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to hurt my fiance, but my fiance brought it up himself awhile back. Benjamin is after his brother, but when we told his brother, he acted really aloof about it. I was kind of on the fence about it and the main reason I said yes was because originally with his first son, he wanted to have the middle name after his brother and his ex insisted no, but since then, his brother has treated him pretty poorly and not to mention, me as well. We are on the same page about changing it (and fully aware of consequences and have a plan for them), but we really can't think of anything that goes with Atlas. Any suggestions?

im confused

is the brother upset the 1st child didnt have his name and thats why he is acting poorly or is it since you mentioned naming this child after his?

if its the first then the brother is a bit up himself and needs a reality check, you have no obligation to name your child after him and to act badly over the first child not being named after him would be pathetic

if its the second, maybe talk to him and ask why - maybe he thinks it will be confusing, maybe he like being the only one in the family with that name, maybe he hates his name and doesn't want it passing on etc....

as for you conundrum with the name, I think there are two ways you could go-

either classic middle name so the child has a choice of a more mainstream name if they chose, such as:

Atlas James
Atlas John
Atlas Tomas
Atlas Austin
Atlas Jack

or another really edgy/cool name to keep the flow, such as:

Atlas Cage
Atlas Jett
Atlas Silas
Atlas Jaxon
Atlas Axel

im confused

is the brother upset the 1st child didnt have his name and thats why he is acting poorly or is it since you mentioned naming this child after his?

if its the first then the brother is a bit up himself and needs a reality check, you have no obligation to name your child after him and to act badly over the first child not being named after him would be pathetic

if its the second, maybe talk to him and ask why - maybe he thinks it will be confusing, maybe he like being the only one in the family with that name, maybe he hates his name and doesn't want it passing on etc....

No, see...my fiance wanted to do it for his brother with his first child. His brother never asked, nor wanted it. He just loves his brother, even though his brother hurts him on a consistent basis. He has little to no relationship with my fiance's first son and that is part of the reason that my fiance is having second thoughts. Not to mention, if we mention that we have his son and his son's brother at any time, him and his girlfriend act really aloof. There was no thank you, he was not honored, nothing. I am sure my fiance's family will be pissed at us (as his mom already was upset we mentioned that we were thinking of it), but it is just not worth it for my kid to be stuck with a name for the rest of his life if my fiance's brother is going to treat him so shitty.

as for you conundrum with the name, I think there are two ways you could go-

either classic middle name so the child has a choice of a more mainstream name if they chose, such as:

Atlas James
Atlas John
Atlas Tomas
Atlas Austin
Atlas Jack

Austin is my fiance's name. ;) Lol! :) I like Atlas Jack. Mainly, because Jack is one of the names my fiance wanted as a first name so badly, but I thought it was too normal a first name. Still, Atlas Jack is pretty good together. We did joke about Jack Atlas, but say that out loud lmao.

Atlas Jack has a nice ring to it.

I love the whole thing. Atlas is a great name! Seriously, I mean, I could come up with some great suggestions to sound clever, but I think you might have hit the 'jack'pot with Jack (pun intended). I really like the fact that Jack is a simple name paired with such a unique and powerful first name. Good luck!

We decided against Atlas Jack. We have Atlas Kennedy on the back burner. Comic book or video game related is a big plus. Something Spanish would be cool too. These are no-no's:

Antonio
Anything starting with an R
William
Brian
Ronald
Thomas
David
Joshua
Henry
Jacob (This is my favorite name, but my fiance does not like this at all!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->