• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not sure I belong here, but severe SPD *UPDATED*

victoria1987

Reaction score
I don't want to step on anyone's toes as I know that some women in this section have serious life threatening problems to both themselves or their babies so I hope that I am not intruding. This is my first pregnancy and I have been diagnosed with SPD which is severe enough to merit being ordered on modified bed rest.

I am basically in pain all the time, can't sleep and just want to cry for the remainder of the pregnancy. I am stuck in bed and not coping with it well at all. I am in too much pain to be able to focus on anything so I can't just escape/distract myself with reading or watching movies. I can't get up to go to the washroom without nearly crying in pain and I feel totally helpless.

It doesn't help that we are moving house in about a week so my home is torn apart so i feel terrible guilt that I can't do anything to make it better - not to mention the work needed to pack and clean for the move.

Again I am sorry if I am out of order posting here, I just need to talk about how hard it is being stuck lying about all day in pain.

Heya,

This forum is for problems in pregnancy, not just for life or death ones! And to be honest, sounds like your in a right state :(

I have SPD too, (not as bad) and sometimes takes me ages to hobble across to the loo!

have you seen a physiotherapist? Anyone given you a support belt, and exercises to do? are you on any pain killers?

I had it with my first pregnancy, the pain is cruel.
My job at the time didn't help unpacking pallets, distributing stock and carrying it up 3flights of stairs. I could barely walk. I fully sympathise. Have you gone for physio or got a support belt?

So after having my pain become so extreme last night that all I could do was cry, DH and I decided to go down to OB triage at the hospital and get a more definitive decision. I had previously called my MW about this and her reaction was always to downplay things (hot baths, stretches etc). My husband finally called yesterday and she gave him the same answers. So we figured we should go see a Dr.

Well Dr said that my SPD has caused my bones to actually begin to move out of place which if left to do so would require surgery to correct it after the birth. He has ordered me on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy :nope: That is another 11 weeks!! I want to cry, I am shocked that something like this has resulted in BR and so scared as to how I will cope.

Fortunately baby is doing great, its just me that is the problem! I guess I should be grateful that I don't have to worry about baby too. I am so scared about how I will cope with this BR as I am NOT the type to be able to be confined to the house. I get depressed easily when bored and my pain is not really under control as all I can take is tylenol #3 because of the baby so it is hard to focus on a movie or book due to not feeling well.

I guess this is just a bit of a moan, hoping for tips on surviving this though too if any of you ladies have experience or thoughts!

I don't have any experience I'm afraid but I am sorry you are having such a hard time right now :( xx

I can hardly get myself tot he bathroom- I only go out if I have to - my husband does not drive so I have to drop him at work- we hardly ever have food in the house cause I cant food shop- Ill stop sometimes on way back from picking him up and wait while he goes in but he only grabs few things cause it hurts too much to sit upright-
almost this whole pregnancy I have been in bed and now that even hurts!!

my doc just says giving birth is the only cure- Im not going to be able to even go to appts soon!! and I don't know what my husband is going to do- he takes a bus when he can but I still have to drop him off at the stop cause it would take an hr. to walk there!! and very limited bus times anyway and half the time they dont run till after he is due in..

Im starting to hate people and resent them for not figuring things out so I can just be in bed resting with as little stress as possible- like my husband was suppose to learn how to drive..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->