not sure if im going into preterm labour ??

sammiedxx

mum & expecting
Reaction score
hey, im 26 weeks pregnant with only one twin now, few days ago i experienced heavy discharge but also a whitey/creamy jelly weird substance, it didnt smell so i contacted midwife and she said to ring labor ward and they said its nothing, i thought it maybe my mucus plug, so i left it at that and ive had hardly any movements from baby in last 48 hours, few in the morning then at night a few but its slowed down an awful lot and got tight pains in stomach..... anyone know what this is? or experienced it before? xx

could be braxton hicks, but if you are concerned about movements etc maybe you should go to the hospital and get checked out

hey, i may well give my midwife a call as i dont feel right, i have got a scan tomorrow too though x

Listen to your body hun. If you think something isn't right, it is always best to get yourself checked out. I hope it's nothing but better to be safe than sorry.
Good luck. x

If you don't feel right I would go and get checked out ASAP.

I don't want to scare you but I had about a panty liner full of discharge with the tiniest bit of blood in it and when I went to the hospital I was 5cm dilated. I wasn't actually in labour thankfully as I was only 21 weeks at the time.

Hopefully it is a false alarm but at least getting checked out will give you peace of mind.

Good luck.

xx

thank you all, im really nervy bout this i dont know what to do because tomorrow afternoon im going to a big hospital as ive had few probs and they check me every 2 weeks, they will be scanning me tomorrow but will they know from the scan if somethings goin on? also i have lower abdominal pain now but dunno if its just my imagination lol xx

Please go and get checked out to be on safe side because if anything is happening at least they can give you steriods for the babies lungs xx

cheers, i think im panicking over nothing, his moving a bit now too, just feel a bit odd xx

head to the hospital. if his movements are slpowed and you have lower belly pain it could very well be preterm. thats how i was when i went into labor with samantha. all my labor was in my lower belly and she was barely moving around. i was also 26 weeks 2 days. don't take the chance.

thank you, im off to hospital today and im gonna bring it up as i dont feel right but no doubt its nothing lol xx

good luck sweets let us know how it goes

at 24weeks I felt very very light cramping and then a mucous-like substance came out, kinda yellow white and clear all mixed together. I was pretty sure it was my mucous plug and I called the doc, he said to go to the hospital to be checked. They said I was in preterm labor after some tests, and got me filled up with steroids and all sorts of meds to prevent contractions (and yes, it was my mucous plug). They also tilted me slightly upsidedown to get gravity to help because one of the placentas was funneling through my cervix slightly. Anyway, moral of the story! I'd def call doctor when anything weird happens. If I hadn't, they may not have survived. I hope everything is ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->