Not sure what to do? Advice?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
I am currently torn between even trying to breast feed again so ...
We have bought hipp organic formula ready - but my hospital don't supply this, so if I decide to ff from birth what should I do? Give cow and gate whilst in hospital then put her onto hipp when she comes home?
I don't really want to be taking ready made cartons in as that will become a huge faff. Do hipp do those starter bottle packs?

No I wouldn't switch so early on, I'd decide on one and stick to it.

I'd take in the ready made hipp cartons, not sure why you think they're a faff? If all goes well you should be out within a day so you'd only need a couple of cartons.

Does the hospital supply the bottles?

Or breastfeed at hospital and switch to formula at home? Only if you want to breastfeed of course but you said you're still deciding.

Hipp may do a starter pack with the small bottles. Have a look at a big supermarket (like a big Asda or Tesco Extra). Personally, I would just use the ready-made cartons though. It's easier than using powdered anyway, as you don't need a kettle and they don't need to be refrigerated. In my experience, the hospital won't provide you with formula unless it's medically prescribed (in our case, for instance, I was topping up BF with formula because my daughter lost a lot of weight after birth due to latch issues). We were provided with formula because the pediatrician recommended it, but if you were just choosing to FF, you'd be expected to bring your own in most cases. Even what they provide is just the ready-made stuff anyway, so you still have to provide your own bottles, wash and sterilise them. If you're doing that, just make them yourself using the formula you prefer. It's also a great thing for partners or family to help with when they visit, so that you can focus 100% on baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->