not sure what's happening

tweety pie

Reaction score
Is this normal..........
I am on cd 16 and i have been using opks with not a hint of a line and also cb digi's no smilie yet , my cm is still very watery although my cervix feels high.
My last cycle was 31 days and before that 25 days when would i expect to get ewcm and a positive opk or should it already be changing. With my 25 day cycle i ovulated on cd 15 not sure with the 31 day cycle
Any advice will be great ladies

Hi tweety pie, well, not sure if this helps but my first month of TTC I O'd on cd18 which seemed an eternity to wait - I have a 29 day cycle - this month I O'd cd15 - there is nothing more confusing than the body! Can I add those that I find the cheaper sticks better than the digital sticks, at least on or around ovulation with the cheaper ones you can see a slight line that builds up to that positive line when ovulating, the digital ones just offer a blank face, a little dispiriting to say the least. Good luck though xx

Hi tweety pie, well, not sure if this helps but my first month of TTC I O'd on cd18 which seemed an eternity to wait - I have a 29 day cycle - this month I O'd cd15 - there is nothing more confusing than the body! Can I add those that I find the cheaper sticks better than the digital sticks, at least on or around ovulation with the cheaper ones you can see a slight line that builds up to that positive line when ovulating, the digital ones just offer a blank face, a little dispiriting to say the least. Good luck though xx

thanks for your reply quennieplum, i never realised ov can variey so much.
I am finding this part more stressful than the ttw. On the ic cheapies i have what looks like a very faint line that faint you can only see it in the light,does that sound about right as i have never used them before, and do you think i will have a dramatic change in cm in the next couple of days.
Sorry for all the questions i am firing at you i just need some hope.

hi tweety pie - I think what I did (which will hopefully help you) was this last cycle was test using the cheaper ones around the time of O and I could see that gradual line build up,so see how you get on for the next couple of days, also my friend advised me about testing in the afternoon and not with the first morning pee of the day, also, watch how much you are drinking too as it can dilute the test. I'm not sure on the CM question (sorry I am just a beginner on the TTC journey) - just to note though on these forums please do go and check the uploads of the ovulation stick tests, they are really helpful. I hope too that a more experienced user of this forum can advise you on your questions too, but hope I have helped in someday. xx

If the line is only faint AND you have withheld drinks and also held your pee for 2 hours before the test AND you've tested generally between 11:00 and 21:00 - there is definitely a chance that you have not O'd yet.

OPK's are not as sensitive as HPT's so the pee has to be quite concentrated, and a postive opk would have a test line as dark or darker than the control line.

The follicular phase ie time between CD1 and O, can vary quite a bit from cycle to cycle, luteal phase is generally stable.

I can recommend that you have a read through the POAS thread an upload your test pic if you want an opinion, or look at the OPK Gallery in the main TTC forum.

Thanks for your replys and some useful information, I have only been trying for 4 cycles and with my periods not been regular it's makes it even more difficult to pin point ov.
I have tested again this morning and still very faint but i will test again later and limit my fluid intake.
My cm seems sticky but i wonder if that is the leftover from OH semen.
I felt hopeful starting this cycle but i am slowly loosing hope and wondering if i am ovulating at all.

The only way to confim ovulation is not with opk, thought that can help, it is with temping and charting.

Would recommend that you bu a BBT (£5 on amazon) and go to fertility friend and start charting, there is a course on there that will teach how to do this.

Thankyou Northstar, i think the temping and charting is the next step for me the ov sticks don't seem to be working for me. I had a look at the opk gallery and i notice that some opks darken a lot in the space of 24 hrs so hopefully mine might start changing. I am getting a lot of cramping on both sides and a lot of tenderness above my hips, is that normal as i suffer with it every cycle?
With a 31 day cycle what day would be normal to expect ovulation ?
I am so very grateful for your advice xx

Thankyou Northstar, i think the temping and charting is the next step for me the ov sticks don't seem to be working for me. I had a look at the opk gallery and i notice that some opks darken a lot in the space of 24 hrs so hopefully mine might start changing. I am getting a lot of cramping on both sides and a lot of tenderness above my hips, is that normal as i suffer with it every cycle?
With a 31 day cycle what day would be normal to expect ovulation ?
I am so very grateful for your advice xx

The temping will confirm for you once O has actually HAPPENED, but yes a lot of people do get cramps around O time, and if you are close to O it's worth testing more than once a day, to make sure you catch the surge. You can also observe cervical mucus for signs of approaching ovulation.

No hard and fast rules for when O would happen in a 31 day cycle, it varies from person to person and even for the same woman it would not necessarily be the same day every month, but you can pinpoint it a lot better with a combination of the charting and opks.

See also a book available on amazon called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Teri Weschler, will explain this all in great detail and how to temp/chart

Hi me again............ I have tested with an ic again this morning and still a very very faint line (you have to really look to see it ) but it's been like that for 3 days now, and i tested 3 times yesterday, i am also using the cb digi's.
My pain seems to be on the right side today.
I am going to order the book you suggested and i might understand more about what is happening.
I am finding this part of the cycle more stressful than the ttw, all i want is a sign that i am actually ovulating.
Thankyou Northstar your help is very much appreciated xx

No worries, there are some people I think who always get a very faint line, so don't be too discouraged, if you start temping using a BBT thermometer and do a chart next month you will have a much better idea what's going on.

Hi i have ordered a BBT thermometer like you suggested Northstar.
Still nothing on OPKs and i am now on CD19, not feeling very hopeful this month, start fresh next month with the BBT.
I think stressing like i am really is'nt helping matters.
I have had all the signs that ovulation was close and now nothing so who knows what is going on.

Yeah look just treat this month as an experiment, read the book familiarise yourself with taking your temp (I put it in the same bit of my mouth every morning as long as it's consistent) get to know the signs, maybe this month is a bust but next month you will be much better prepared.

By temping you will be able to CONFIRM once O has occurred, regardless of what the pee stick does or does not tell you.

Keep the opks though, they can be quite useful once you have your method/best times to take them down to a fine art!

Hi Northstar my BBT thermometer arrived today yey, just trying to work out how it works ready for using it next cycle. Thankyou for your help and GL getting your BFP xx

No worries, I think you'll find it useful to temp and chart.
I use a mobile phone app for bedside charting and Fertility Friend for more comprehensive charting. Start taking your temp tomorrow when you wake up if you can, so you have an idea/method in place for next month.

Then if you have your daily temp charted for CD1 you will know once you've ovulated - but I'd use the opks too.

Thanks
I will get started in the morning, and like you said i will have an idea for next month.
If i have any problems understanding will it be ok to message you?
You have been a great help as i am pretty new to all this and it's taking time to get to know my cycles , ovulation etc xx

Thanks
I will get started in the morning, and like you said i will have an idea for next month.
If i have any problems understanding will it be ok to message you?
You have been a great help as i am pretty new to all this and it's taking time to get to know my cycles , ovulation etc xx

Sure thing, have you already set up an account on www.fertilityfriend.com

I would also download the FF mobile app (using the same user id and password once you are set up) handier for bedside temping.:thumbup:

Hi
I have registered on FF and i am set up and ready to go. It seems pretty straight forward, we will see.
Thanks again for the good advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->