Not sure where to post this but anyone suffer from BV?

beth_terri

Reaction score
I keep getting reoccurring symptoms of BV, so my gp prescribes me antibiotics that get rid of it. A few weeks later its back, I get more antibiotics etc etc.

Well last week I went back to the doctors, he prescribed me the antibiotics but also did some swabs just to make sure it is definitely only BV. Well I just got my results and they came back 'normal, no action', meaning I didn't actually need antibiotics.

I don't get it. Why do I get the symptoms of it if actually swabs confirm that theres nothing unusual going on at all?!

Im soo frustrated as the symptoms come back at least once a month. Yet apparently its nothing!!!

Helppp :(

Omg I get this! My GP wont treat it anymore. I got sent to GUM to get a full check up just in case and like yours it came back clear. No advise, sorry, but I'm in the same boat, lots of thin clear discharge and a vile smell, wish it would go away!

:hugs: I had this about 2 years after my LO was born, it's so uncomfortable :( I ended up getting referred to a gynaecologist at the hospital who recommended I have a D&V so they could see what was going on. They worked out that I had really low levels of oestrogen and the contraceptive pill I was taking was causing this. It was so strange as I'd been taking the same pill for 10 years before my LO was born and was absolutely fine but they said often peoples hormone levels change during and after pregnancy. Anyway I couldn't find a pill that worked and ended up having a Mirena coil fitted and have never had the symptoms since.

Hope you guys get to the bottom of it soon :hugs: It might be worth pushing for a referral.

xx

I have this too. My Dr. stopped treating as well. Now I am left to "just deal" with the symptoms until they gradually go away on their own.

I did have it several times after having my mirena coil fitted. The doctor snipped the cords on it to only a couple of mm long and since then I've not had it once.

I really feel for you, I hated BV with a passion!

I had this, and I will tell you what saved me… boric acid suppositories.

I had it BAD. Over a two year period, I would go back and forth between BV and yeast every month. I would take Flagyl for the BV, and this would cause a yeast infection. I'd take diflucan for the yeast, and it would cause BV.

I used the suppositories to treat my last fully active BV infection on the advice of my OB/GYN after a year of failed conventional treatment. From that point forward what finally 'fixed' things was 1) drinking a LOT of water every day 2) putting in a boric acid suppository after sex. For me, the trigger for a new infection was intercourse. Like clockwork I would get one within a day if I didn't use the suppository. Once I started the suppositories, I never had another bout of BV or yeast. Vitanica Yeast Arrest is the brand I used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->