Not sure who I need to contact..

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I've been out shopping today, whilst I was in town I topped up £80 on my electric key. When I got home and put the key in the meter there was £160 on it but it only says £80 on my receipts..

Who do I contact.. The shop I bought the electric from or my supplier? :shrug:

This happened to me, I rang british gas and they said there was nothing they could do :shrug: I'd done it online using their USB machines so there was no shop I could go to or anything so I just got double the amount for free :thumbup:

This happened to me, I rang british gas and they said there was nothing they could do :shrug: I'd done it online using their USB machines so there was no shop I could go to or anything so I just got double the amount for free :thumbup:

Hubby told me not to do anything about it but I feel like I've robbed a bank :haha: I'm too honest for my own good sometimes!

Do you get an annual statement? I know back in the day that is when they used to send you a bill if your money going on did not tally with what you had used iykwim. I got my annual statement in November and there was no mention of the cock up on there.

I think because you've done it at the shop it is the shop error and they are the ones who will have to pick up the tab, did you pay cash or card? If it was card I'd check it hasn't been billed twice :flower:

I'm not sure if we get an annual statement.. We've only been on a prepayment meter since June. I paid by card and checked the amount on the card reader before entering my pin. I think the guy in the shop must of pressed the button twice or something :shrug: the shop was really busy and I think he was working on his own so it could of been easily done I suppose.. But if my receipt only says £80 and I've only been charged £80 I'm not sure how I prove I've been given £160 worth of electric x

Did you top up on payzone or paypoint?

If it's a accident at the shop and they will have to pay for it. I own shops that have both terminals and if my staff make a mistake like that unless the customer comes back and pays then unfortunately it comes out of there wage. On some manchine sit prompts the staff to ask how much credit before they enter the shop pin if they In put the amount then it gives the customer extra electric.

The shop will know at the end of the night when they z the totals on there manchine and tills.

If it's a accident at the shop and they will have to pay for it. I own shops that have both terminals and if my staff make a mistake like that unless the customer comes back and pays then unfortunately it comes out of there wage. On some manchine sit prompts the staff to ask how much credit before they enter the shop pin if they In put the amount then it gives the customer extra electric.

The shop will know at the end of the night when they z the totals on there manchine and tills.

It was pay zone.. Going back to the shop isn't a problem but I don't have £80 spare :shrug: can I not contact my supplier and ask them to take the money off my meter?

This has never happened to me before so I really don't know what to do but I feel really guilty!

If there's nothing the supplier can do and it's the shops fault I suppose you can't do much. Unless you give the shop the 80 next month?

If there's nothing the supplier can do and it's the shops fault I suppose you can't do much. Unless you give the shop the 80 next month?

The problem is that because it says £80 on the receipt they gave me then I've no proof that there was £160 on my key :shrug: surely if it was the shops mistake then the receipt would say £160?

I'm thinking maybe it could be my meter playing up. Think I'll give my supplier a ring on Monday morning :)

Oh no this would make me worry that the poor shop assistant would lose £80 out of their wages, I'd either phone the supplier or the shop or both. I'm too honest for my own good, but now iv read that shops actually take errors out of the assistants wages il be even more vigilant:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->