Not taking enough milk, but is eating!! Bit worried

charlie07

Reaction score
Hi girls

I read everywhere, on the net and in books, that a young baby who is on solids, should still be having a MINIMUM of 600 ml of milk per day. Gabbi hasn't had this minimum for weeks now and at her last blood test, they said her hemoglobin level was low, so I imagine that the lack of milk may be contributing.

She does have solids:
breakfast - normally cereal with a little fruit
dinner - various veg or chicken casserole (only meal pureed so far) and either fruit or cereal and fruit.
Tea - mainly cereal mixed with fruit or mixed veg of some kind.

I feed her milk in the morning, mid afternoon and evening before bed. If she's taken very little milk in the morning, I will sometimes give her some before her dinner, but even then it is still under the minimum recommended. Even though she's eating, she may not be getting all the vitamins she needs, this worries me.

Does anyone have any tips please?

Jack gets like that too. some days he just doesn't want his milk but once he is eating his solids i don't mind. He only has 3 bottles a day now of 8oz but rearly finishes the full bottle.

Lucy is exactly the same, from about 6 months she's been totally off her milk but is always happy to have solids. The only milk she has now is 5oz in the morning with her breakfast, 8 oz at 4pm and then usually between 4 and 6oz before bed. I always have to give it to her before solids otherwise she wont touch it!
When she wasn't wanting any milk at all, I used to let her go over her feed time (only by about 10 - 15 mins) so she was a bit more hungry then she would be better taking her milk.

Hope this helps!

Try mixing in some milk with her cereal ..yogurt and cheese are good too:)

My daughter is the same, however my health visitor said as long as she is having ygurts and cheese which she is this is fine. Also try using formula mixed in with her cereal and meals xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->