Now scared

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
My besty had her baby today. Been up to meet baby. She is lovely and had loads of cuddles. I have walked away wondering If I can do it. The nights the constant dependence. No sleep feeding. The breast pain at the start. Dealing with all tge children and a baby!!!! Why am I feeling like this. I shoukd have walked away broody and excited. I'm not. Now I'm scared about having the baby. I know this sounds stupid.

Totally normal to feel like that. it's not stupid, it's just it's scary to think how will we do it. I was just the other day at a restaurant eating with hubby & a woman had a small baby maybe 2-3 months old there, crying and screaming so much, and I was getting sooo much anxiety and panick just from hearing the baby cry. I asked hubby if he feels it, he didn't , but told me not to worry it's probably normal. I mentioned to him that's how I been feeling latelty every time I hear a baby cry it freaks me out, but seems to be normal. We just scared if we'll be able to handle it, but I'm sure we will.

It natural to feel that way.. I had been trying for baby for years and had a few losses and was so excited when I was finally in a safer zone with the pregnancy but now I keep thinking, what am I doing what if im a bad mum or I cant handle it, the no more sleeping in and the constant dependency...
Well I have not had a good night sleep in 9 months so why not carry that on.

Im sure we will be fine and it will all come natural.

I think it's totally normal. I'm scared too. I alternate between fear and denial. It still seems surreal that I am going to have a baby.
My DD is five and I feel like I've forgotten how to do everything baby related. The only things I remember are the crying and sleepless nights.
I worry how I am going to cope having a child already. How she will cope. Worrying about her feeling left out. Worrying if I'll be patient enough and if I'll do things right....
So yes, I think what your feeling is normal. You will be amazed at how quickly you will pick things up. Your love for your baby will overpass everything and your instincts will just take over. :hugs: xx

i am also scared! i have just over 2 months and not sure I am ready. I know as long as I stay chill things will be fine, just not sure how to get from here to there.

i can totally relate. My eyes are getting misty just reading this post...

I think it's natural to be scared - it shows that you realise what a big responsibility it will be, and that you recognise that it won't be easy! Being aware of all that stuff can only make you a better mummy!!! If you went into it thinking 'ah, it'll be easy' you'd have a very nasty shock! It's just you preparing to do your very best for baby. But Hun, whilst it is bl00dy hard work and everything, it is also the best thing you will ever do and the hard work doesn't feel so hard iykwim? And don't worry about not knowing what to do, etc, a lot if it will actually come naturally once baby is here, and the rest you will just learn as you go along. Ever since I had ds I've sort of stressed about the future things ill have to di (my current fear is how the hell do you potty train a child) but every time when you come to it, it all just works itself out and you wonder why you panicked! And with regards to coping with stuff, you just adapt... I LOVE my sleep & ds was a terrible sleeper (until we suddenly had a miracle change around a few months ago) but I coped - and far better than I'd ever have believed I could! I think when there's such an important reason for the lack of sleep, etc, its just not so bad! Try not to stress about any of it now, and just cope with each issue as it comes along. You'll be fine!

I think it's better to recognize the anxiety now. Throughout my pregnancy, I didn't think about what would happen after we left the hospital. All that occupied my mind was how baby would look, what he would sound like, how labor would be etc and I was very broody whenever my friends had their babies and I had to wait. I had quite a nasty shock when I brought an extremely colicky baby home from the hospital.

I would say it's only bad to feel nervous if it starts consuming your life. Anyway, think positive. You can do it and you will get through it. I thought I would never survive the colicky, sleepless nights, but I did. Baby still doesn't well but I've come to accept that :haha:

Thanks ladies. It really helps to know I'm not alone and that the way I'm feing does t mean I won't love this baby. Hopefully hormones. Gonna spend today shopping with youngest. (1year) whilst daddy takes the def two to cinema. Hope to get to look round shops at some baby bits. Think it hit me yesterday that I have not had time to a accept the baby or deal with preparing. Yesterday i think it hit me. All the scary bits. But your right I will love my baby and that will guide me through. Love is an amazing thing. We wouldn't be mummies like we are without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->