now what?

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
I feel like I'm completely out of my depth with this.

Chloe is now having baby rice for her tea- which she really enjoys- but I just don't know how to progress?

How do you know they want more?

She still enjoys her milk- has 8oz at 8am, 8oz noon, rice and whats left of the 8oz 4-5pm and 8oz at 8pm.

So what do I do next?

you don't have to do anything if you don't want to! Not until she's 6 months anyway. I did lunch first, then dinner. We give him porridge for dinner, an hr before his last bottle. He has fruit for brekkie, an hr after his morning feed and he has his lunch an hr or sometimes straight after his midday feed. But Ally seemed to need it, and I don't want to imagine how much milk he'd be drinking now if he wasn't having the solids as well. Where as really, I think you need Chloe to maintain her current intake til 6 months at least.

Thank you, I was hoping you and/or Carly would see this!!!

She seems happy on her rice for tea. We've got some samples of different things (from bounty bags I think) I was planning on doing a couple of ddays on each to get an idea of what she likes, just at tea time, then start some veg and fruit puree in a couple of weeks. My worry is she's not having enough milk, yesterday she only had 24 ounces- possibly not even quite that much. So I thinkmaybe I should hold off on introducing another meal for a bit.....?

This is where I sometimes wish someone would just say'this is what you need to do!' I worry enough about making decisions for me, never mind for Chloe!!

I think you're right about not introducing anything too much more. 24 oz is hardly anything! Alasdair has almost twice that and that's with 3 meals a day! Tbh, I'm quite worried that I'm going to have to force him to cut down his milk feeds (obviously in a few months)

You could definitely do things instead of the rice though, that'd get her more used to different tastes and textures in time for the big 6 months!

I have some real life friends who seem to follow this contented weaning baby whatever book to the tee. I myself haven't got it and have no intention of getting it (I'm not into time scale stuff with Ally...which is weird because for me I need organised rules!) but you might like to check it out of the library? it's this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Contented-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230751042&sr=8-1
It seems quite regimented which puts me off but it might be worth a look?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->