NT 2.9mm at 12w2d. Should I be concerned?

MoBaby

Mommy to a precious son
Reaction score
Hi everyone- we had our NT scan yesterday at 12w2d. Baby looked great and measured actually 3 days ahead at 12w5d but since I did ivf we know my dates. The NT was 2.9mm and the tech said cutoff is 3.0 mm. I'm in the top 98% with the 2.9mm. I've read most of the time things turn out fine. We have to wait a week for my blood marker results to come back for risk calculation. Nothing else looked wrong and we saw the nasal bone which does decrease risk for chromosomal issues. I wanted to announce this pregnancy but after seeing that 2.9mm I'm delaying until all results are in. I don't remember what my sons was but we were the lowest risk. I'm now 2.5 years older which increases risk alone. I'm ready for this pregnancy to be smooth sailing.

Big hugs hun I went through something similar this time last year. At my 12 week scan with NHS they couldn't get an accurate reading for NT so I went private and they came back with a reading of 2.5mm (I am 35 so was already worried). I was given 1-130 risk of DS. Ended up having Harmony testing and after an agonising 9 days was told everything was low risk. I actually never quite believed it until my baby girl arrived and I knew all was fine, but I don't mind telling you the NT result scared me, my firstborns odds result was something in the thousands! But please try not to worry, I was told the cut of point was 3.5mm, is there anyway you can have testing to give you peace of mind?x

I wanted to do the harmony testing (or whichever one my ob offers) but dh was against it. I think I may call Monday and ask to have it ran just for piece of mind. I'm 33 will be 34 when bub comes so my insurance may not cover it. I know my odds are already going to be higher chances of things just because of the NT measurement even if labs are perfectly normal.
Thanks for your reply!!

Good luck hun with whatever you decide to do. Let us know how you get onx

So baby is fine :) did the harmony test and it came back normal. I know other issues could come up but we are so relieved. Everything else looks okay :)

great to hear! I'm glad everything turned out well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->