NT Scan tomorrow

Ms Elizabeth

Mom to 2
Reaction score
So, finally the day has almost arrived. Tomorrow morning is my NT scan.

Guess I'm a little thrown off the Dr didn't order or mention the maternity21...given my age. Maybe it's not covered? Maybe not common...i dunno.

I have the regular nervous jitters...first time mom. Lol.

FX for all to be well! :flower:

Not sure if i should have forced the test or go with her recommendations of just a regular NT scan. Thoughts?

Hope your scan went okay. I had to ask my OB for the materniT21 test when I was pregnant with daughter (1st pregnancy and I was 45) This was in 2012 and he had never heard of it, so he set me up with a perinatology group and I met with a genetic counselor there and they did the test. Even if it's not covered by insurance, the lab gives a very generous discount. I'm not sure of your age, but if you would feel better with the test, then I'd ask about it. Scans will typically pick up any markers or abnormalities, but sometimes they don't, so I felt better with the maternit21 test. GL

Dr said everything looked normal. Neck fluid measured at 1.3cm...now we wait for the statistics from the blood tests. But...all else was normal and looked great! I had the Panorama Genetic Test done. Should be 7-10 days for those results. I'm 36...37 tomorrow so....I figured better to have that done. Didn't think about asking about insurance coverage since she wrote to order. Lol

GL Ms. Elizabeth! I noticed your location is DC area and that's where we live too! So, just wanted to say hello neighbor! :)

Hi neighbor!! How are you feeling? This is my first too....learning as i go!

Me? Feeling very well - this has been quite a lucky pregnancy for me as I haven't really had any symptoms at all. Only thing I can really complain about is that I get tired super easy and I can't be up walking around for long periods of time.

Very cool - it is quite strange that it is very exciting, weird and scary all at the same time! Learning as well ... but still clueless about some stuff. :) I actually just bought a baby's first year for dummies book! LOL!

How bout you? Did you get your results back yet?

I like the sound of feeling good!

I have been nauseous since week 3. It's starting to lessen. And yes, exhausted beyond belief. Sort of scares me for later on....if i am this tired now....lol

Risk of Downs Syndrome is 1:3461. Risk of Trisomy 13 & 18 is 1:6381. I'm sooooo excited!! You know that age thing to contend with...I was ready for lower numbers. Waiting for the panorama test results...should be this week sometime.

I've been reading silly named books too! Mostly cause its like....is that weird CM or soemthing serious? Ok, why does that muscle in my hip hurt like i lifted an elephant? And ugh....the nipples!!!! Stop being sore and itchy. Lol. Other than that....I'm great! Oh well....I have lost 5lbs...despite eating normally. But, baby is growing so...I'll keep on trucking!

I'm in the weird stage right now of my pants fit in the morning...but by evening...not so much. Lol

Any stores you recommend in the area i should check out?

LOL! Don't worry, I was super exhausted in the beginning and then it got better in the second trimester... now in the third, I'm exhausted again. Going up a flight of stairs is also quite exhausting. :)

I'm so glad your results were favorable! Mine were also in the 1000's (somewhere in the 3,000 range as well - so we were happy too).

I don't think I've had any strange hip pain but I do remember the sore itchy breasts. When I asked my doctor about my breasts being itchy she thought it was weird and "just me". But after reading here, I found it seemed to be quite a common symptom. It does go away though. My boobs don't bother me anymore. I feel weird actually cause my boobs haven't changed at all and the bigger my stomach gets, the smaller my boobs look! :D

I can't really recommend any stores, we haven't been anywhere special or bought a ton of stuff. We just got furniture from the nursery from Wal Mart and still hoping to get some stuff from the baby registry. We don't have a lot of friends though, so I'm worried we won't really get a lot of gifts.

ok, second trimester i shall devote to cleaning....cause clearly i haven't done anything and won't be during the third. lol

yeah not just you....i feel like my bra is made out of poison ivy! mine have gotten fuller in the middle...but who knows what will happen overtime. just want to keep them lifted and safe. don't drop please don't drop! lol

i hear ya on the gifts. i just moved here from the new england so all my friends are up there....this is like the 7th child for his family so the fun is gone for them. lol

so, im sure i'll be in the same boat as you! we shall stick together! sale reporting to each other!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->