NTNP After C-section

Yep, emergency C-section just over 4 years ago with my little man after a failed homebirth attempt. Hoping for HBAC this time but know I've got a fight on my hands!

Was yours planned or emergency?

xxx

Thank you :)

It was an emergency section. Got to 7cms and she wasnt coming down any more and her heart rate rised to over 200 xx

Similar to me then, I got to 5cms but that took 20 hours and his heart rate was racing but then dipping after every contraction, plus I hadn't eaten all day because I'd been feeling niggly (early labour but didn't realise at the time) so I was in ketosis which was generally messing everything up and I couldn't eat anything no matter how hard I tried! I was gutted but knew we had to do what we best for Felix. Are you nervous about next time? Do you want a VBAC?

xxx

I was induced and they say that most end in sections dont they.

It was around 20 odd hours for me too. The whole thing from being induced to birth was just over 24hrs.

Think im going to go for a VBAC but will want to talk to Midwife in detail about it first. What about you? xx

How overdue were you? Felix went 9 days, they came to do a sweep and found I was already 2cm dilated.

I am determined to have an HBAC so I'm just hoping that I will get a liberal and supportive MW, as we can't afford to hire an Independent Midwife! If I ever manage to get up the duff again anyway! How long have you been NTNP?

xxx

7 days when they induced me. 8 when she came.

Weve just started OH keeps on nagging me that he wants another and can we start trying, but i told him as i had a section we have to wait at least 12 months, but we just decided that we wont prevent and if it happens it happens. It took 2years for me to convice my daughter so :D xx

Awww that's sweet that your OH wants another one so badly :) I managed to conceive Felix when on the Pill so am now getting really frustrated that we've been NTNP (slightly more ont he TTc side of things really) for 6 months and still nothing!!

xxx

I'm NTNP #2 after an emergency section. We where a planned home birth, but LO had a high pulse so we transferred to hospital. It got even higher and they decided she couldn't wait any longer so I was sectioned at nearly 9cm.

I am boarder line between hospital VBAC and HBAC for this one. What I really want is to plan for both and see how things are when I go into labour. I don't want to be forced into hospital if everything is ok, but I also don't want to feel pressured to stay at home if I've had to fight for a HBAC if I decided that actually I'd like to go in.

One thing I won't be doing is discussing my birth plan with anybody other than my midwife, my partner and my mum. 101 people giving me their opinion of what I will "want to do because of what happened last time" is likely to put me on the defensive and have my free-birthing on a sand dune to prove a point, even if that's not what I want.

Yeah it is sweet hehe. I told him we can have one sooner if hes prepared to carry it :haha:

I loved being pregnant though even though i was in and out of hospital at high risk of preeclampisa and actually enjoyed labour up until i was told i needed a section (but then we do whatevers safe for babs so i didnt mind).

I really cant but i do want to wait if you get me? I want to give Maddison 100% me for at least 1.5years but i dont want a too big a gap :D

Good luck though ladies for your :bfp: and when it finally arrives your HBAC :hugs:

One thing I won't be doing is discussing my birth plan with anybody other than my midwife, my partner and my mum. 101 people giving me their opinion of what I will "want to do because of what happened last time" is likely to put me on the defensive and have my free-birthing on a sand dune to prove a point, even if that's not what I want.

Haha Celesse, that sounds just like me!! I really want to plan for an HBAC but with VBAC in hospital in the back of my mind in case things go awry or I get worried or anything.

xxx

As of this month hubby and I are NTNP after Grace was born by emergency section after 73hr labour that kept stalling and re-starting resulting in being on the induction drip for over 24hrs. I got to 6 cm and apparently the midwive could see her hair at my cervix....but then 3 hrs later she had disappeared and gone back up a bit.

I'm absolutely petrified of labour next time but having gone through it once, will definately be more strong-minded, put my foot down and demand a section before it gets to the stage I was at last time. I left my care and decisions in the hands of the staff last time even though I knew something was drastically wrong. Won't be doing that again!

I am! And your LO is 10 days older than mine :flower:

That sounds awfull beanzean...at least your LO got here safe thats the main thing.

Im glad theres girls (and guys hehe) that are NTNP and still have young babys :D

Good luck girls xx

This is our 1st month of NTNP after my emergancy section 2 years ago

My LO has an oversized soft spot so couldnt push his way out so we ended up in theatre, we had a really awful time so im really scared about trying again , but im going for that positive attitudue and hopefully ill have the birth i want !

Good luck to you all :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->