NTNP Anxiety

M3LL

Pregnant - 1st Trim
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I was hoping for a few tips.
My OH and I have recently started NTNP, we very much want to have a relaxed attitude to concieving so are not actively trying.

I only have one concern, which is I suffer with Anxiety/Stress, nothing too serious any longer as I have recieved Cognitive Behavioural Therapy but I do still suffer with some of the physical symptoms. I visited my GP who prescribed me a small dosage of Propranolol, unfortunately this had very little affect. My GP wanted to increase my dosage and when I explained we were hoping to start a family, he advised against taking the medication as it could affect the development of the baby.

I know there a number of ladies out there that suffer with similar issues, I was hoping for some recommendations on what I can do to help alleviate the physical symptoms of anxiety.

I'm currently in a catch22 situation, stress/anxiety is going to impact on our chances of getting pregnant but I can't take anything to help me feel better!!

All advice, gratefully recieved.
xxx

Hi hon, I am ntnp after mc seven weeks ago..not had af yet so hoping body gets back to normal soon :) on the other subject I am a cbt therapist by day. If you are still experiencing physical symptoms of anxiety you may be able to get a review session with your therapist to look over what you have learnt in previous sessions. Without knowing what type of anxiety u were getting treated for it's difficult to give u specific advice. Eg, social, panic, generalised. I always do some relapse work with my clients and see them 3 and 6 months after completing treatment.it is part of nice guidelines that we do this so u might want to look into it. If u have been doing cbt u will remember that our anxiety is triggered by our automatic thoughts, maybe look at the work u have done in sessions to recap. I do this job as I have personal experience if anxiety and panic. I can now manage it well. Big thing to remember is to make sure u have 'me time' and a good work, rest play balance. Any kind of relaxation is helpful for anxiety. Just remember it is mental relaxation , not just physical listening to music , progressive muscle relaxation is a good technique. Another tip is that it should be done every day. It's a technique that needs to be practiced. Read around fight and flight response on google to recap again . Propanalol r ok but not really needed. Best thing is to master this yourself. Books from overcoming series are helpful. U can get them from libraries.

Hope we get our little beans soon

Hope this helps a little . Hugs apple xx

things that worked for me so that we could finally get preggers the first time around:

-exercise, and more exercise
-baths, candlelight
-prayer (great for relieving both anxiety and lowering blood pressure)

good luck!!!

I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and Panic attacks. During my 1st prg I had 2 panic attacks, which I felt really affected babe, few days later I had a MC (but we will never really know the cause). I was also just getting off of Cipralex (an anti-anxiety medication) which can cause neg effects during pregnancy, so this may have also contributed.
Since then I've had a 2nd MC (much further along) and my anxiety has been up and down.
Some ways I manage anxiety is with exercise, meditation, cutting back on work to have more time for myself, and communicating with my husband and sharing our feelings.
Guilty confession: smoking pot eases my anxiety... Not that I'd recommend that to anyone, esp when you're TTC, I'm just saying it works for me atm.
Hope all goes well, sending baby dust your way! x

Hi Ladies,

Thank you so much for your advice.
Apple & Ladybug I'm so sorry for your losses, fingers crossed you get the bundle of joy you deserve very soon.x

I suffer with GAD and haven't visited my counsellor since January when I was discharged, however my Husband is pushing for me to go to back for a refresher. Deep down I know this is a good idea, but the stubborn/independant part of me wants to try and recover on my own. We go away on holiday in 4 weeks, so I have agreed with him if I don't feel any better when return I will go back.

I also haven't been running for ages, which is my usual choice for exercising and I can tell this is having an effect on my anxiety levels. I'm starting a yoga class tonight to try and kick start exercising again & i know this is something I can continue with when I hopefully get Pg.

I was considering starting a support thread for anxiety sufferers as I can't think of anything more likely to make me anxious than being Pg and there must be lots of other ladies out there feeling exactly the same way. What are thoughts peeps, do think I'll get any takers?

Hi. My first pregnancy wasn't planned and I was also on propranolol and I stopped taking it the second I found out I was pregnant. They gave me another kind that was safe to take while I was pregnant. Just ask about that. I'm sorry you have anxiety/stress. I know it's hard.
Good luck hun! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->