NTNP in June, when to stop taking pill?

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
As the title says :flower:

Me and DH plan to NTNP in June but I was just wondering what's the best thing to do regarding the pill? Is it better to come off it before hand or just come of it and get stuck in?

I got off the pill last August and we just pull out (extra careful during O week)... haven't gotten pregnant yet!

But when I did get off the pill I called my doctor to make sure it was okay to quit cold turkey (dumb I know lol) and she said wait about 3 months to start TTC because "it's best for the baby"

So then after that a friend that told me she had a foot detox after getting off BC and they "pulled" a ton of black/grey stuff into the water. Apparently, this is aluminum build up from the pill. I don't know much more than that but.. that was enough for me to make sure and wait lol..:wacko:

I went off the pill in August, we started NTNP immediately, but my AF is still all over the place, I had 4 AFs on time, but last month it was early but it lasted 10 days instead of the usual 5 so I guess it was a chemical, now I'm 3 days late (7 days late if I count from the day I started spotting last month).

So I'd say the sooner the better as it takes a while for the hormones to balance xx

I'd say it depends on how quickly you conceived last time! As soon as you're off of the pill, you've got a higher chance of getting pregnant (obviously :p), though some women claim that it can take months to get out of your system. I was on the pill for less than a year (Jan 2011-Oct 2011) and I've been TTC since that time with no success whatsoever. I don't mean to frighten you lol, just want you to be prepared! I'd say a safe thing would go both ways - get off the pill in May and give it a month to "get out of your system", using the pull-out method or condoms. If it was fairly easy for you to get pregnant the first time, than I wouldn't worry too much!

I took the pill for years; with DS, I stopped in September and conceived him in November. With my MC, I stopped in April, then conceived and miscarried in May. I conceived DD immediately after the MC-my BFP was 3 weeks after my MC. So my system regulated very quickly. That may not be the case for everyone, though. I'd suggest stopping a month or two before you intend to TTC and use condoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->