ntnp

LeaArr

Just him and me.
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Is anyone in here not trying, not preventing? How are you feeling about it? Why did you choose this path?

I think we might do this in a few months. Because we would be in an alright position then, leave it up to fate perhaps? We'll see when we get there!

we are currently doing this (after our holiday next week and having a cycle 'off' so to speak) because ideally we want to live together first..then we can TTC properly

I am at a point that I don't want to properly TTC. I was talking with Husband about it, and we both agreed that we don't want to have to worry about calendars, or opks, or temping etc. I think if we don't get pregnant in half a year, I may start temping again.

yeah, i got a bb therm and opks and all that and it freaked OH out so much! so no more of that for me either

NTNP here. I've never temped or used OPK's, was just paying attention to my CM and we made a point of babydancing tons throughout the month. Will only see hubby on weekends for the next while, but when he gets back we'll probably just continue on the same path, only honestly I think I'll start ignoring my CM and just stick to the babydancing. The ladies in TTC are lovely and friendly and supportive, but I still find the TTC forum filled with pressure and anxiousness. NTNP is far more comfortable for me.

Im not up to that point yet but we have agreed that when we do start to try were going to ntnp for the first 6 months. I think oh is a bit soppy about it and wants to conceve out of love and not just to make a baby. Wont be hard for me to pester him for a bit more :sex: around the time i should have ovuated thanks to mymontlycycles.com

Wel I came off the Pill 3 months ago, in prep for TTC in september, but we were talking last night about stopping using Condoms and just seeing what happens, it may take a while to get a BFP or it may not.
I have a feeling that if we start TTC in Sept and nothing happens for ages then i'll feel annoyed that we didnt NTNP beforehand lol xx

I did this last year.... two months later... I was preggo!

We are kind of doing this as I stopped taking my pill last month, although we were planning on waiting until August we have already got carried away a few times. I am still waiting for AF to arrive, I am currently 10 days overdue but have put this down to stopping the pill x

I'm in the NTNP camp too!

It kind of happened around Christmas time when after a drunken night out we didn't use any protection and then just kind of decided that if it happened then it happened. I then thought i was pregnant after :witch: was late and when we bought a test he admitted if it was :bfn: he would be dissapointed as he had concinced himself that we were PG and had come round to the idea :)

My hubby was never one for wanting children yet (he admitted it was for selfish reasons as he wasn't ready to give up his free time yet!) but i said that once we got married he would probably change his mind as it would be the next natural step in our life.....it took a few months but he got there in the end!

I still think the idea of properly trying would freak him out though and so i'm just keeping an eye on my cycle and trying to BD around the right time!

Hi All, after my last post when I said I was 10 days late and put it down to stopping the pill. I have taken another test tonight and got a BFP (pic is in testing photos forum bit). I am in shock and can't believe it so am going to retest tomorrow xx

Hi All, after my last post when I said I was 10 days late and put it down to stopping the pill. I have taken another test tonight and got a BFP (pic is in testing photos forum bit). I am in shock and can't believe it so am going to retest tomorrow xx

omg omg omg!! when i read your post i thought to myself i bet shes preg and then i read this!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

omg omg omg!! when i read your post i thought to myself i bet shes preg and then i read this!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thank you, I really expected it to be from stopping the pill and I had taken 3 tests and it has only shown up as positive on day 12. I am retesting today to be sure x

I guess you could say that is what we're doing now.
We don't use any contraception and sometimes use the withdrawel method and sometimes not iykwim :blush:
I didn't use any contraception before i had Lexie from when i had the blasted implant out in 2005. We didn't actively start to ttc until august 07 and then it took 7 months before i was pregnant.
We are certain we would like another very soon but i really don't want start all the opks etc etc again asi was just obcessed by it towards the end.
So ce sara sara i suppose! xxx

Hi, we are just about to start npnt. We were due to start ttc in june but i am too stressed out about other things (finishing a doctorate in sept) so don't want the pressure of 'trying' just yet. However we thought we would just stop actively preventing and see how it goes for a couple of months. I have been off the pill since dec to get it out of my system and using condoms since then. I really don't want to get into all the charting and obsessing (which would be very much like me!) as i don't have the brain space at the moment! I honesty think the difference between npnt and ttc for us is all psychological - it's still ttc as we are entering it willingly and knowingly that we may get preg (and want to) it just takes the pressure off if it doesn't happen (oh its ok we aren't actually trying yet!) rediculous i know but hey whatever works....

oops - ignore the spelling in the above post! i did of course mean ridiculous not rediculous....oh dear-maybe i don't even have the brain space to ntnp yet either!

we were NTNP.. and 2 months later i was pregnant, after being on the POp for years and years and years!!! (cerazette)

i do feel that ttc is too stressfull and ntnp worked well for us, we got caught on the 3rd cycle, tho we called it ttc we werent testing or counting ov days so that does mean... ntnp right??? lol x x xx x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->