Nursery Furniture

nessajane

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone is doing in their nursery with regards to furniture, Wardrobes, Chester Drawers etc....

I want to buy the cute smaller nursery furniture buy my OH is against spending the money on it when theyll grow out of it and need a bigger wardrobe in a few years time :( and wants to buy normal boring stuff!!

Are you planning on buying the baby size wardrobes or normal sized wardrobes?

I have just used the wardrobes that are already in there - they are full size. The way I see it - this baby thing is way expensive already - there's no point spending money for the sake of it!!
It would have been lovely to have cute baby things everywhrere - but we decided to be practical from the start.

I am buying a wardrobe from argos its 110 quid and it comes with 2 or 4 drawers (cant member!) a 2 door wardrobe and a single door with shelves, so i think thats a bargain xx

We're being given a cot that converts into a bed and there is a chest of drawers with it that I'm undecided about. There's also a wardrobe but I want to use little (but full height) wardrobe I inherited from my Granny as we've no room for another big piece of furniture. I'm not even sure why babies' clothes would need hanging, aren't they small enough for a drawer?

I got my nursery furniture from Argos, it is smaller/nursery style but i was amazed how much room and storage there was. It inc Cotbed with huge drawer underneath, wardrobe with 2 drawers and a set of 5 drawers (with removable changing unit) all for £399. I thought this was a bargain and if i get 2-3 years use out of it it will be ideal. xx

We're being given a cot that converts into a bed and there is a chest of drawers with it that I'm undecided about. There's also a wardrobe but I want to use little (but full height) wardrobe I inherited from my Granny as we've no room for another big piece of furniture. I'm not even sure why babies' clothes would need hanging, aren't they small enough for a drawer?

yeah i shoud imagine they would all fit in the drawer !!

I got my cotbed and changing unit/dresser from toys r us in the sale for £150 for the pair.

I havent got that much space in the room so it was either a dresser or a wardrobe, so what im doing is buying one of those funky canvas mini storage/wardrobe units to put her clothes in, make it look nice and modern if that makes sense.

Ive already got a built in small wardrobe in the nursery but have also got a full sized wardrobe and am getting drawers...i prefer drawers to be honest

I'm still at my parent's,and share a room with my little sisters,so i'm just getting a canvas wardrobe for lexie only. It has a storage space inside it aswell. Because hopefully i'll not be living here for long, and i'll have my own place.

We are either buying the canvas set from argos for £49 (not nursery) or maybe even just a chest of drawers. It seems like when you put the word nursery infront everything becomes sooooo much more expensive!

I only bought a crib and a change table for furniture. Our nursery isn't very big and we need to still have our extra bed in there (it is only a single).

The change table I have is massive though so Im planning to buy organizing baskets to go on the shelves under the top.

And then the rest of the clothing and extra bedding will go into organizing shelves in the closet. And some things hung up.

I might buy some under the bed storage things too for things that dont get used alot, or extra supplies.

We have bought a 'normal' sized pine set, inc wardrobe, drawers and bedside table. x

We are also being practical with furniture choices. We are buying a crib that converts to a toddler bed and a dresser that has a removable change table top. Both pieces are from IKEA and coordinate with some other furniture we have, so they can continue to be used for the bambino or absorbed into another room.
We are doing the same with a cupboard/bookshelf for toys and books, and with a nursing chair.
Every piece has another use planned for it after the nursery stage.
It's just too expensive to spend on big ticket items that are only used for a year, maybe two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->