Nursery given her solids BEFORE formula???

ClaireRJM

Reaction score
I been giving Olivia her formula then 1hour ish after solids - started nursery this week n when give us daily activity sheet, they given her solids then bottle??
Only realised when we got home - she thrown up last nights/this mornings & this afternoons bottle at nans house.

U think this cud be why?? I read everywhere formula then solids, wat u think??

The reasons for offering a bottle before solids is at the start it can be easier if a baby is not starving when offered food, as a starving baby is less willing to eat food and wants a bottle. Also at the start when milk is more important and foods are given just being an introduction.

There is no reason why food can't be given before a bottle, once babies are eating well they often have just solids.

I wouldn't say it was a reason for her to throw up her bottles.

What was it they gave her, maybe that is the reason for her puking if it was something she hadn't had, or disagreed with her tummy?

Also without wanting to panic you - Izzy had gastroenteritis , she came home and puked up that night, then wouldnt take milk much at all, had bad nappies and a temp.
Just keep an eye on her, temp etc and if you think she isn't getting enough milk maybe give the NHS Direct a call.

not on hungry baby milk is she? Ruby was and she suddenly started throwing up a lot after she started solids. Switched back to no1 milk and it stopped.

Ah thanks Lisa thats really helpful. I was just worried aswell as giving her solids first she'd be to full for milk & HV keeps saying how important it is she has her milk...mmmmmm?

Yeah she on hungary baby but been weaning now over 1.5 mths n never thrown bottle up like this.

I'd prefer give solids first as think it'd be easier to wean off bottle when the time comes if she used to spoon feed when she's hungary rather than bottle...

Yeah HV said upset tummy prob nout do wiv reversed feed at nursery, prob just picked something up..

thanks girls.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->