Nursery Graduation

Rhio92

Connor, Saskia, OH & Me
Reaction score
Who's LOs 'graduated' from nursery?

Connor did today, they all wore a cap and gown and were presented with a certificate, then there was a little after party where the kids could eat party food and said goodbye to their keyworkers, and yhe parents picked up all their pictures/paintings etc. It was a lovely way to end the school year.

https://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee416/Rhiannon_Godden/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpse8tdh3mw.jpg

Aww lovely he looks fab, ours is a few weeks away, I know the ceremonies are getting some slack but I think it's harmless fun, I'm very excited :)

George did. It wasn't a proper graduation ceremony, they just presented each child with a certificate and a gift and they said a few individual words about each of them. For George, they said they would miss his 'superhero ambitions and his fearless creativity' which I actually thought was lovely as it shows they really do know just who he is!

George did. It wasn't a proper graduation ceremony, they just presented each child with a certificate and a gift and they said a few individual words about each of them. For George, they said they would miss his 'superhero ambitions and his fearless creativity' which I actually thought was lovely as it shows they really do know just who he is!

Omg if they did that for my son I will cry my eyes out, we are moving away from the area shortly afterwards so just all feels that much more final.

Jacob didn't have a 'graduation' but parents were invited in to go through their progress books and each child was presented with a certificate about something they achieved that year.

On their very last day, they had a party with the full nursery (morning and afternoon classes together)

Awww ours did last week. I had a little cry, especially when I compared the picture from his first day and last day and how much he had grown. Will post a pic up soon!

Paige had hers mid June (im in Scotland, we finish up earlier)

They called it their 'Summer Celebration' and it was in the gym hall. All parents/family etc sat on chairs and as we were all coming in, they had a video playing of all the children telling ua what they want to be when they grow up, it was such a cute idea. It played over three times.
They sang some songs, and Paige had to speak on the microphone by herself. They then all got presented their school ties and a certificate. It was very emotional. They also had drawings that each child had done of themselves around the stage.
Didnt wear caps or gowns or anything (i wish they did!)

Here she is when she started nursery, and after her graduation

https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/PhotoGrid_1437653066582_zpsqsg3f1sh.jpg

Sounds like all your kids had lovely celebrations! I have to admit I didn't like the idea of a cap and down graduation. But seeing how sweet they all looked and how much we all enjoyed it changed my mind.

Oooo I forgot - the kids had all drawn a picture of themselves, and we've got the whole class on a tea towel. We've got one of those from when I was at nursery myself, so it's really lovely x

image.jpg

Above him receiving his certificate and here he is a few days before his first day of preschool and today :cry:

He did start a term earlier to help his speech along so here he is just shy off 3 and he's not long turned 4. Still.. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->