Nursing baby who is full of cold

angelandbump

Working Mum :o)
Reaction score
We have made it to 4weeks :happydance:
But my son has had a cold/blocked nose for 4days now which causes issues with him latching and staying latched which in return is causing my nipples to hurt badly where his top lip brushes.

Any tips on feeding a baby who is having issues staying latched and relief for pain? Xx

No help I'm afraid but watching as my little man is all bunged up too and I'm not sure how to make him more comfortable x

try using the nasal aspirator before latching to clear any mucus maybe that will help?

Two thoughts:

-NoseFrida
-Pumping and giving him a bottle to save your nipples?

Have you tried saline nasal spray? That should help clear it for a bit to feed your lo.

When my lo is stuffy, I spray saline spray 5 or 10 minutes before nursing, then clear everything with the nosefrida. So far that's worked every time for us.

I have nasal drops which help a little but he is still struggling to stay latched. Hopefully the cold will subside soon.

Thanks for the advice ladies :flower:

xx

I do as above, but I also put a line of Snuffle Babe vapour rub across my boob so she breaths it in.

Poor babies :(

Same here; snufflebabe and saline spray for us but he still struggles, especially at night :(

Saline spray and the nasal aspirator should help as the others said. My LO has had a stuffy nose for the last month. :( Are you using lanolin? It might help your pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->