Nursing Bra Hell

jennyb86uk

Reaction score
I'm still currently wearing my normal bra as its still comfortable, but I'm going through hell trying to find a bra for when I'm breastfeeding. I literally cannot go without an underwire, I got one that was wireless and within 30 seconds it was up and over my breast, dispite me trying a smaller band size to the point I felt it was too tight, it did this every time, I have not found a bra where the middle part will fit flat against my skin, I cannot find a cup big enough for me, constantly spilling out over the top, have done this up to an F (4 sizes bigger than the bra I am very comfortable in now and fits me well) and I just don't know what to do, I'm worried that I'm going to get mastitis, but I literally cannot find any bra that fits me and I feel supported in, and I just want to cry. :nope:

Have you tried H&M? I bought a nursing bra since my regular bras were killing me, and it doesn't have an underwire but still gives a lot of support without riding up your breasts! They have a tighter band thing at the bottom which keeps it in place and they're soooooo comfortable! I only got one to test it out, but I'm planning on getting more next week.

I didn't know they did nursing bras! Do they go up to bigger sizes?

I got a great one at M&S last time, no underwire but still fairly supportive. Have you tried there?

Have you actually been fitted for a bra or have you just been picking them yourself?

I'm currently trying to figure out what to do because I need new bras (my 38G's are getting too small) and I don't want to have to give up my underwire either unless I can find something supportive.

I get mine on ebay, cheap and they are not underwired. what is your cup size? I ended up finding myself a new bra while looking for you. But I looked on ebay and all area not underwired. Go up on big cups and under bust size.
I end up with these ones as I have big boobs. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ladies-M...=UK_Women_s_Lingerie&var=&hash=item338243ddd3

I'm in exactly the same situation. I am more at risk of getting mastitis with a soft bra because my boobs fall under the waist band, no matter how tight they are and the cups squish me flat. I'm a 34jj and have tried every maternity/nursing bra I can find. The only that came close to being comfortable was a bravado crop top style that I would not be able to wear out of the house because it gave me a huge mono boob and makes you really sweaty!!

Underwired bras are fine to wear as long as they fit you correctly and you get new ones if you grow bigger. You can buy bra extenders if you grow bigger in the band but your cup stays the same.

Last time, I didn't leave the house much for a few months when breast feeding so I just slipped my arm out of the strap and got my whole boob out. With big boobs it was impossible to be discrete doing this.

This time I'm going to have a go at converting an underwired bra into a nursing bra by adding clips to it.

If you're not a huge cup size there are a few underwired nursing bras available. I know Anita is one brand but the cup sizes come up really small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->