Nursing Bras for a very small chest?

Lovn.sunshine

Girl Mom
Reaction score
I'm a bit early in posting this as we still have about ~9 weeks to go. I am determined to breast feed but it just hit me that I'll need to invest in some nursing bras. Problem is, I'm flat chested. Like sadly flat :blush: Even being nearly 31 weeks, I'm still barely filling an A cup. I've only ever worn padded Victoria's Secret bras as I'm quite shy of the fact that at 30+ years old I still have no clevage otherwise :haha:

So, ladies out there that know what I'm going through, any suggestion on nursing bras that will fit a small chest and maybe add a little lift?

Thank you :flow:

Ha ha you are going to love it when your milk comes in! I promise you will not be flat chested :) It is very hard to judge what size you are going to need, I would by a cheap one (asda were the cheapest I could find) to get you through the first week then go and get measured properly. You cant wear an underwired bra while breastfeedingso I am not sure where you could get on with lift.
I spent a lot of time round the house learning to breastfeed for the first couple of weeks,a bra just got in the way anyway :)

Ha ha you are going to love it when your milk comes in! I promise you will not be flat chested :) It is very hard to judge what size you are going to need, I would by a cheap one (asda were the cheapest I could find) to get you through the first week then go and get measured properly. You cant wear an underwired bra while breastfeedingso I am not sure where you could get on with lift.
I spent a lot of time round the house learning to breastfeed for the first couple of weeks,a bra just got in the way anyway :)

Haha if they get bigger, I'm going to LOVE it :haha: I've had to be convinced by my mom [who is also pretty flat chested] that I will even have enough boob to BF at all as I was so skeptical. Good to hear though, once milk comes in, should be good. I was thinking the same thing, a bra, for the first week or two, may just be a hassle. I'll try and find a cheapie and then wait until she's born to get a good one for the long haul! Thanks for responding! :flower:

I was an A and was still an A while I was pregnant, just a bit fuller. Now I am nursing and a B cup... loving the new boobs! lol

Before baby came I bought a nursing bra from Babies R Us. It's like a sports bra and very forgiving. I wore it to bed at night while my supply was coming in and was leaking at night as well. During the day now (I no longer have to wear a bra to bed) I bought a couple of Warner bras from Walmart, and I adore them. They wash well, are comfy, and come in a bunch of colors. Did I mention they are A LOT cheaper than a maternity store :thumbup:

Hi I'm usually a 36 A/AA but have definitely increased since BFing - a vast difference but still not enough to fill a B cup properly. Having said that I got a padded nursing bra from Mothercare in 38B and it is fine - I certainly don't fill it but it's not too ridiculous. Being padded it hides the fact I don't fill it well. They don't do smaller than a B unfortunately. Most of the time though I live in nursing vests, SO comfy and a much better fit. The support in the vest is adequate too for a small chest, even filled with milk. I get mine from figleaves.com and just put some nursing pads in (more for added shape than anything else and so nips not on show!) :thumbup:

I was an A and was still an A while I was pregnant, just a bit fuller. Now I am nursing and a B cup... loving the new boobs! lol

Before baby came I bought a nursing bra from Babies R Us. It's like a sports bra and very forgiving. I wore it to bed at night while my supply was coming in and was leaking at night as well. During the day now (I no longer have to wear a bra to bed) I bought a couple of Warner bras from Walmart, and I adore them. They wash well, are comfy, and come in a bunch of colors. Did I mention they are A LOT cheaper than a maternity store :thumbup:

That's how I am, just a bit fuller A but nothing impressive :haha: I can't wait to get a little boost from milk supply! :winkwink:

Thank you so much for the tips, I will go check the Warner ones out! I LOVE a good deal! :flower:

Hi I'm usually a 36 A/AA but have definitely increased since BFing - a vast difference but still not enough to fill a B cup properly. Having said that I got a padded nursing bra from Mothercare in 38B and it is fine - I certainly don't fill it but it's not too ridiculous. Being padded it hides the fact I don't fill it well. They don't do smaller than a B unfortunately. Most of the time though I live in nursing vests, SO comfy and a much better fit. The support in the vest is adequate too for a small chest, even filled with milk. I get mine from figleaves.com and just put some nursing pads in (more for added shape than anything else and so nips not on show!) :thumbup:

Ohhh I love the idea of a padded nursing bra, even if just a little bit. I've never heard of a nursing vest, I will definitely check that out. Thanks for the website and the tips! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->