Nursing bras?

pinklizzy

Mummy to two little bears
Reaction score
So, I've just realised that the list I was given for packing the hospital bag includes a nursing bra and I don't have any. I'd sort of assumed that I would need to be measured properly after my milk had come in but now I'm really not sure! :blush:
I've just been wearing the same bra size throughout my pregnancy when maybe I should've been measured at some point?
Help!

I bought a few of the sleep style nursing bras. Like sports bras which weren't such a specific fit or very flattering to wear initially as my boobs changed dramatically for the first couple of days. Then got some proper ones when I was
Out and about and could get fitted. I found I needed something to hold breast pad in place as leaked quite quickly and also was uncomfortable to nit wear any kind of support. Hope that helps.

I went to John Lewis to get fitted for mine. They wouldn't do it before 38 weeks as they wanted to wait for the baby to drop but the ones they picked are perfect. They obviously included a little growing room in them to accommodate milky boobs.

M&S have 20% off for the next few days so just treated myself.

They have some new ones which instead of being 32A, 36C etc are small - XL and each size covers a range of different bra sizes.

So could be a good option?

I'm thinking about getting my nursing bras from hotmilk or amoralia.

But then again, it's my first time and I'd love some recommendations. I've heard M&S do some good ones.

Soph x

I use Hotmilk and Cake bra's. they are awesome. I find their measurements online are pretty accurate, but I have also been for a fitting. I got mine in the first week of the third trimester and they have always accommodated the growth as they got bigger and fuller, as well as feeling supportive throughout pregnancy.

I have returned to those brands again this pregnancy because they are great quality, comfortable and last way longer than any other brand I have purchased. And I don't get 'nippleage' with Cake or Hotmilk, unlike some other brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->