Nursing clothes

LoveCakes

Reaction score
Is there any point? I have bought one top as it was in the sale and was going to buy 3 vest tops for £17.99. I don't just want to be wearing vest tops and cardigans though or be stuck in the same clothes for months. I hope to be nursing longer than I was in maternity clothes so would invest in some things if I thought I was going to get the wear out of them.

A lot of people just wear a cami and a shirt over, pull the cami down and the shirt up and PRONTO, instant nursing shirt! you can wear any shirt you like.

There are a few instances that call for a purpose built nursing shirt, but not many. If you plan to nurse in a carrier, it's quite difficult to do so and pull a shirt up that way. Also, it can be more discreet if you are nursing in public a lot. I try and wear a purpose built nursing shirt if I would be nursing in church or something, it's easier.

Or if you live in a very hot climate and wearing two shirts would be unbearable (which it is here!)

TBH I haven't bought any. the one top i have got it was maternity/nursing and doesn't look right without a bump so i don't wear it anymore. at first i used the 2 top method. but now i don't care and just pull top up or down lol! xx

I've been bf for 10 months now and don't have any special clothing. In winter I used the "vest top under another top trick" and that worked perfectly well for me, sometimes along with a light scarf around my neck which helped to cover more skin if I felt I needed it. If you're in a hot climate and would only need one light cotton top in summer then perhaps one or two would be handy for the times when you're going out and will need to feed in public x

I live in Northern Ireland, it's not hot lol. Anything over 25C is a serious heat wave. I think I'll see how I get on, I'll be in the house probably in pajamas for the first bit anyway

I live in Northern Ireland, it's not hot lol. Anything over 25C is a serious heat wave. I think I'll see how I get on, I'll be in the house probably in pajamas for the first bit anyway

LOL I should move there. 85F (30C) is considered LOVELY summer weather here. It will be 94 (34C) tomorrow and we are headed to the lake to swim....gotta beat the heat!

I would just wait and see. I never wore anything but normal clothes (except a nursing bra, that is) and it wasn't an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->