Nursing question :)

Kians_Mummy

Mummy to Kian & an angel
Reaction score
I was wondering if you lovely BnBers could help me with something please :flower:

From 2007-2010 I studied Health & Social Care. In 2010 I got my BTEC National Certificate in Health and Social Care Level 3 at a Double Grade Distinction Merit but I fell pregnant & dropped out of college so didn't manage to do the Diploma.

I was hoping to do a refreshers course in H&SC or get the diploma once Kian is in nursery (if I haven't got a job by then) and then hopefully go onto training as a nurse. Although I have been wondering if I could go into training as a nurse with the qualifications I already have or would I have to get the diploma part/go to uni?

Thank you in advance :flower:

I was wondering if you lovely BnBers could help me with something please :flower:

From 2007-2010 I studied Health & Social Care. In 2010 I got my BTEC National Certificate in Health and Social Care Level 3 at a Double Grade Distinction Merit but I fell pregnant & dropped out of college so didn't manage to do the Diploma.

I was hoping to do a refreshers course in H&SC or get the diploma once Kian is in nursery (if I haven't got a job by then) and then hopefully go onto training as a nurse. Although I have been wondering if I could go into training as a nurse with the qualifications I already have or would I have to get the diploma part/go to uni?

Thank you in advance :flower:

Hi Hun,

Have you got an additional qualifications in maths and english because to get onto a degree course you will need these now as well as your Btec National. I have just finished a foundation year at uni which has got me onto the nursing degree have a look on your nearest uni's website see if they offer this as it really prepares you and gets you used to the uni life. This is one that I did and know alot of uni's offer them now https://courses.wlv.ac.uk/Course.asp?code=HW002T31UVD xx

The best thing to do is give the uni's that you will potentially be applying to a call/email and find out for sure as the entry requirements vary. I done a Health and Social Care course that had numeracy and English incorperated into it so that alone was acceptable. The uni I am in were looking for evedince of study within 3 years prior to applying aswell. Good luck!

I have my English but not maths :(. I will have to try and see about somehow getting it.
I am going to email a few places to see what their requirements are :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->