Nursing words taught versus nursing words used

SarahBear

Reaction score
What did you attempt to teach your kiddo to say when he or she wants to nurse and did he or she learn that word/sight or did he or she learn a different one?

When Violet was under a year, I tried to teach her the sign for "milk" and I would of course accompany it with the word. I'd also talk about nursing and occasionally say "boob." I tried to use the word "boob" less as she got closer to a year.

So logic would have it that she would pick up "nurse," "milk," or "boob" to ask for nursing. What word does she pick up? Shirt. She uses the word to literally mean "shirt," but for nursing she understands that what she wants, is in my shirt, so she says "shirt."

'Baba' is our word, has been for both children, as my daughter started to say 'boobie' so I changed it quickly to baba lol

We use 'sides' as when lo was little I always used to say 'which side are you having now' just kind of stuck lol

We use 'boobie'. She's recently started asking for 'a bo bo' alllll the time and I'm starting to wish I had referred to it as just 'milk' right from the beginning. Trying to talk on the phone, with a demanding toddler shouting for boobies is quite a challenge! :rofl:

Mine signs milk, but nick-named them "rang-rang" at around 8 months. No idea where it came from, but it works! :shrug:

We say pai-pai (sounds like pie pie)... in Japanese 'Boob' is oppai so my husband just randomly started calling it paipai... so Boobboob? lol

We started with "milkies". It evolved to "nursies"...and then to "nurnia" or "nurnias" or "nurns" :haha:

Not sure how he came up with Nurnias. But I love it and I will always cherish his voice saying, "i want my nurnias!"

hubby always jokingly referred to it as 'boobie juice' and no LO will pull my shirt up/down and go "boo joo" so im really afraid its sticking :dohh: He's apparently even said that when he wants a bottle when with my parents or in laws. :lol:

i always called it milk hoping that would stick...

Haha, I've called it boobie juice, but haven't called it that in quite some time.

We've always said/signed milk. But I do also say boobie so she understands both.

She does the sign for milk and has just started trying to say it but at the moment it sounds like "Gik" so who knows what she'll call it as she gets older. X

Violet used the sign for milk today. I tried REALLY hard to teach it to her when she was under one. I don't really use it too much at this point... maybe here and there, but hardly ever. She never really used the sign (except for today) to ask for milk.

Teagen signs milk all the time. She, however, refuses to sign "mom" instead if she wants/needs me and is with someone else she will sign "milk." She will sign all the other words: "dad, grandpa, rabbits, dog, cat, horse, gorilla, elephant, zebra, chicken, diaper, food, etc..." but not mom. Nope mom is milk.

LO says "Mamamamamama" and flails her arms when she wants milk or sometimes signs for milk.

I've been trying to call it "milk" or "eat" mostly, but I'm pretty sure he understands the word "nurse". The only thing I've really heard him say though is "nananana" which I'm not sure if it means milk or eat or pacifier or all three. I just know it means he wants something in his mouth!

DS1 didn't want"milk", but he quickly picked up "boob". :dohh: As he got older and I tried getting him to switch to "milk", he escalated from " boobs" to "boobs please?" :nope:

Going to try "milk" with DS2....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->