Nutri prem2

alibaba24

Reaction score
Hi all just looking for a bit of advice pleeease i am so tired :sleep: Rosalie was weaned off EBM and onto Nutri prem in SCBU then they changed her onto Nutriprem2 before going home which i got on prescription for her. Anyway while she was in SCBU she was in a lovely routine of 4-5 hour feeds. Since getting her home its kinda went to 3 hourly but last night she had me up every 2 hours :( I know nutri prem is high calorie but does anyone know how filling it actually is? Shes taking about 60-80ml everytime she has a bottle (i pour90ml shes allowed The that minimum they want her to take is 60) Im wondering if shes hungry? But then she would surely take more out her bottle if she was?

shes also got a blocked nose which isnt affecting her whilst taking her bottle but could this be making her get up? but if it was why would she be demanding her bottle? is she just being a chancer :wacko:

confused.com

I thought NP2 was more filling than EBM? I don't know though. We've got an NP2 thread over in the FF section (linky) and you might want to ask on there, as there are more regular NP2 users than myself, Andrew only takes the occasional bottle.

I know that Andrew feeds more often, but takes less, when he's snuffly. It's as if he gets too tired trying to feed when his nose is blocked, he has to keep stopping drinking to take a breath.

I would think NP2 would be more filling, as it's not going to be digested as easily, and therefore as quickly, as EBM. Personally, I'd just let her demand feed, as much and as often as she wants. We always send our NP2 babies home demand feeding. Maybe ring up your SCBU and see what they recommend? But it's normal for her to start establishing her own pace.

As for the snuffles, pop into Boots or similar for some saline drops.

Nutri-Prem is thicker than any other milk, It is full of all the nutrients the baby needs. SMA also do one that is similar. Maybe she needs to take more or take a bit longer to complete.
The twins came home on 2oz nutri-prem and they have never ever drank more than a 5oz bottle.
It is more filling.. Has she been completing her bottles x

Hi there.

Sleepless nights are exhausting, and I totally sympathise.

Your daughter may well be unsettled due to a change in formula, but I have to say my baby born at 24wks was a dream in the hospital. I was still breastfeeding her by the time she was discharged and I had to room in with her for the few nights beforehand.

In those few days, she woke 4hrly, breast fed like a dream and then went back to sleep until the next feed. She was like that day and night.

When I got her home, everything changed! :dohh:

She would scream from 10pm onwards, wake every 2hrs and refuse to re settle. I thought I was going mad. I felt like a bad mum, and that she was reacting to being with me :nope:

It was explained to me that after 5months in one particular environment, the adjustment preemies have to make once home is huge. THere is much less noise at home than in the NICU, and much less hands-on attention.

Having had a full-term baby who also spent a few weeks adjusting to life outside the womb once home, this made total sense to me. Sure enough, after a few weeks she did settle right down and was a dream.

I don't know how you feel about dummies, but I love them! I got my daughter a NUK dummy, which has a teat most like a nipple, and they used a teeny one in the NICU to help create a "seal" to make CPAP more efficient for Evie.

Without it, I would have gone insane. It is also meant to help preemie babies get their breathing right, and reduces their risk of bradys and cot death.

I know some mums hate them, and that's fair enough, but I couldn't have got by without. Your little one might need something like that just to give that extra bit of comfort during this time of great change for her.

Just a thought hun :hugs:

Hi there.

Sleepless nights are exhausting, and I totally sympathise.

Your daughter may well be unsettled due to a change in formula, but I have to say my baby born at 24wks was a dream in the hospital. I was still breastfeeding her by the time she was discharged and I had to room in with her for the few nights beforehand.

In those few days, she woke 4hrly, breast fed like a dream and then went back to sleep until the next feed. She was like that day and night.

When I got her home, everything changed! :dohh:

She would scream from 10pm onwards, wake every 2hrs and refuse to re settle. I thought I was going mad. I felt like a bad mum, and that she was reacting to being with me :nope:

It was explained to me that after 5months in one particular environment, the adjustment preemies have to make once home is huge. THere is much less noise at home than in the NICU, and much less hands-on attention.

Having had a full-term baby who also spent a few weeks adjusting to life outside the womb once home, this made total sense to me. Sure enough, after a few weeks she did settle right down and was a dream.

I don't know how you feel about dummies, but I love them! I got my daughter a NUK dummy, which has a teat most like a nipple, and they used a teeny one in the NICU to help create a "seal" to make CPAP more efficient for Evie.

Without it, I would have gone insane. It is also meant to help preemie babies get their breathing right, and reduces their risk of bradys and cot death.

I know some mums hate them, and that's fair enough, but I couldn't have got by without. Your little one might need something like that just to give that extra bit of comfort during this time of great change for her.

Just a thought hun :hugs:

I have no problem with Dummies but she does lol she just spits them out i have the same one she had in scbu and she will sook on it for a min or so then spits it out and i give her it again shes just not interested! I guess im just going to have to grin and bear it then shes been home for 2 weeks tommorrow so im hoping she will start to settle down again i just though that 2 hourly feeds was quite a jump from almost 5 hourly :wacko: to above post sometimes she takes a full bottle and always takes the minimum they want her to. She falls asleep and i wind her etc and even when she wakes up again she still just sits with the bottle in her mouth. Iv sat for ages thinking she just needs a wee rest but then shes fell back asleep again :dohh:

xx

My girls refused dummies at 1st I just kept putting them in and one day they started sucking it and that was it!!! Sleep! lol x

Molly used toi be on Nutriprem 2 but she was never much of a milk drinker and has never in her life demanded a bottle, so dont think I can help! I can relate witht he sleepless nights though as still having them, she justs wants to get up and play :sleep:

Molly used toi be on Nutriprem 2 but she was never much of a milk drinker and has never in her life demanded a bottle, so dont think I can help! I can relate witht he sleepless nights though as still having them, she justs wants to get up and play :sleep:

awww bless ! your avatar pic is so cute!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->