Nutriprem 2

jemma193

Reaction score
Hi
My LO was born at 28 weeks and has been on Nutriprem 2 since she was 6 weeks actual. She is now 4 and 1/2 months actual 8 weeks corrected and weighs 11lb 9 ozs so she is gaining weight well. Don't get me wrong it is a bonus she is on Nutriprem 2 as we get it on prescription but was wondering how long she will stay on that formula? Who tells us when she needs to go onto a different formula? Doctor? Health visitor? Consultant? Amy advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Hey,

My Harry is on nutriprem 2 and the dietican said he would be on it till he is 6 months corrected xx

Hi my son went home on that but is now on another milk due to allergys but when he was on it our peditriction (sorry cnt spell lol) told us to keep him on the until he/she said to change it! I find they are the best people to talk to as some health vistors dont really understand all about really prem babies! xxx

Molly was on it until she was 1 (actual). She never did drink much milk though so needed all the extra goodness in there!

I was told Anna would be on it until she was 6months corrected but she had mild reflux and when prescribed the gaviscon to help, it made her very constipated, so I decided to put her on SMA staydown. I didn't ask, I told them, but said cause I knew they would want to put her back on vitamies as the NP2 has extra stuff in it for them.

Andrew was on EBM for the first 8 months, then NP2 for about a month, and then put onto Infatrini (higher calorie). He's still on that now, at 14m actual age.

Believe it or not Chloe and Jaycee didnt come off Nutriprem2 until they switched to cows milk. They say 6 months and then they can come off of it but the doctor said their weight gain was steady and maybe if they changed them to a normal formula it would slow down so while they werent increasing rapidly they wanted them to stay on it.
The twins never drank more than a 5oz bottle EVER so they didnt really need to change formula. At 12 months we weaned them off of it onto cows milk and we have been fine since

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->