Ob/gyn appointments when you already have a toddler

1Atalanta

Reaction score
Hi ladies! Question for those of you with small children, what do you do with them when you are at the Dr.s? Aside from finding someone to watch them... I have limited options here and I've seen ladies in the waiting room with children before. Just wondering how that works or if the dr is super annoyed at having a child in the room. Thanks!

If you have to bring your DD along with you with no choice, then maybe take some small toys for her to play with to keep her occupied if you feel she will become irritable. Doctors have no issues with having other children in the room even when they're crying. It isn't possible for a parent to have other care on hold 24/7.

I bring my DS (17 months old) to my obgyn appointments if they are during the day (if they are after 4 PM DH can watch him). I bring him in his stroller with a big cup of crackers and a few toys and books and he usually does okay.

Thanks ladies. I called and spoke with the nurse and she said "honey, we birth children here, we can't tell you not to bring them!"

So I'm just going to brave it, because I really need to keep this appt. I've put it off long enough!

Bring snacks! Any appointments I have in the first trimester, I will defiantly be taking my toddler (and also potentially the toddler I babysit 3 days a week). I also had to take him to two of my three IUD removal appointments. One he did great, one not so great. Its not fun because they always seem to want to start getting into something when you've got your pants off on the table... So, snacks!

I bring my DS who is 19 months with me every time. I do bring a water cup and snacks most times but he usually loves to look at the babies in the magazines.

He has done well, it was only rough one time when they were an hour behind.

You gotta do what you gotta do! I'm going to have to take my toddler with to appointments as dh won't be able to take off just for appointments.

I'm lucky that now my MIL is retired she can watch my daughter pretty much anytime if I give her enough notice. I used to take her to all my normal doctor's appointments though, no problem. Just make sure to bring some toys and snacks to keep them occupied, but most doctors will have toys and books there for kids, too. I think a lot of people just bring their kids to things like that.

I took my daughter to all my appointments during my last pregnancy. I just made sure she was occupied with a snack or a toy. Sometimes the appointments were around naptime so she slept in the buggy anyway.

This time I have two toddlers, both older than my daughter was first time around (21 months and 34 months). Luckily my mum has every Thursday off work, which is midwife day at our surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->