obstetric cholestasis

sophie.b

Reaction score
(Hi everyone im 32 weeks pregnant today and on friday last week woke up with severe itching all over my body but more noticeably on my palms of hands and ankles n arms. Rang mideife and she sent me to triage for bloods n ctg monitoring... bloods came back today and they said they have come back normal but im still itching all over! ! Anyone else had this? Seeing consultant on wednesday I wander if he will repeat bloods xxx

(this was Mondays post on a different forum...)

*update* 28.01.91 (32+2)

saw consultant today he measured me and at 29 weeks I was measuring 28cm now at 32 weeks im still measuring 28cm so hes sending me for a scan first thing tomorrow morning. also to see him next wednesday for repeat bloods and see him again theyve prescribed me piriton and camoline lotion took piriton yonight but so fsr still really itching xx also condultant said 'your liver results are ok for now but ur bile salts arent bk yet)

I had OC with my second pregnancy. Sorta the same thing, initial tests came back OK then I got a call back a day later saying another part of the test wasn't normal and that it was OC. That was at 37 or so weeks, maybe 36.

This time around I had nasty itching at 16 weeks and was convinced it was the same. I was miserable, but my tests were normal and after about 2 weeks the itching stopped completely.

Not sure how yours will turn out, but it can go either way lol

*update*

saw baby doctor today hes sent me for more bloods and had a scan baby measuring small so there thinkin of inducing me in 2 weeks if no progress in growth scan :( so scared ; (

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->