obstetric cholestasis

sophie.b

Reaction score
(Hi everyone im 32 weeks pregnant today and on friday last week woke up with severe itching all over my body but more noticeably on my palms of hands and ankles n arms. Rang mideife and she sent me to triage for bloods n ctg monitoring... bloods came back today and they said they have come back normal but im still itching all over! ! Anyone else had this? Seeing consultant on wednesday I wander if he will repeat bloods xxx

(this was Mondays post on a different forum...)

*update* 28.01.91 (32+2)

saw consultant today he measured me and at 29 weeks I was measuring 28cm now at 32 weeks im still measuring 28cm so hes sending me for a scan first thing tomorrow morning. also to see him next wednesday for repeat bloods and see him again theyve prescribed me piriton and camoline lotion took piriton yonight but so fsr still really itching xx also condultant said 'your liver results are ok for now but ur bile salts arent bk yet)

I had something similar- intense itching at 35w. It passed after a week and my bile acids were 10. My dr said that was fine and as the itching passed, I was placated... Until it started again this past weekend (all over- not my palms and feet as you describe. The palms and feet are classic signs, my itching would be less typical).

I also found out this week that although my dr thinks anything up to 19 is ok, most places give 10 as the cut off. So, I am super stressed and waiting to hear on new bloods taken this past Monday. :( it feels awful to scratch and scratch without relief.

There is an OC thread up the top of the third tri page and lots of resources online. It can take a while for your bile acids to rise- so yes, keep asking to be retested :flower:

I had something similar- intense itching at 35w. It passed after a week and my bile acids were 10. My dr said that was fine and as the itching passed, I was placated... Until it started again this past weekend (all over- not my palms and feet as you describe. The palms and feet are classic signs, my itching would be less typical).

I also found out this week that although my dr thinks anything up to 19 is ok, most places give 10 as the cut off. So, I am super stressed and waiting to hear on new bloods taken this past Monday. :( it feels awful to scratch and scratch without relief.

There is an OC thread up the top of the third tri page and lots of resources online. It can take a while for your bile acids to rise- so yes, keep asking to be retested :flower:

This exactly. 19 is the cutoff for NON pregnant people, anything over 10 is considered cholestasis during pregnancy.

I would keep on insisting that they check your liver function numbers as well as your bile acids. (The bile acids are the MOST important)

I have been itching since 17 weeks, it was SO bad around 20-22 weeks I wanted to die. Now I am on 3 different meds and feel SO much better.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->