Obstetric cholestasis?

G

GroovyMam28

Not sure if I've spelled it right!

There was a query over whether I had OC in my last pregnancy, LFTs were abnormal, itching was insane, I drank water like it was out of fashion and the last blood work they did they rushed it however, I was 39+2 and so they said they weren't going to let me passed 40wks, 2 days later I gave birth and as far as I'm aware there wasn't an official diagnosis of OC made.

I've been itchy with this pregnancy since 13/14 weeks and after explaining what I just did + the itching my consultant took bloods to check LFTs and bile and sounded like he was 100% I had OC last time too.

My question is, I'm quite early to be getting it, even when your chances are increased from previous pgs, so, what's the likely outcome? Will I have to deliver early? Will my baby be okay? Will I be okay?

Please don't read and run, freaking out a little tbh.

I have no experience with OC. I hope it all works out for you, I am sure it is super scary. :hugs:

I did not have it in my first pregnancy but did in my 2nd. It started quite early for me as well, around 14 weeks I think. You probably won't be allowed to go over 37 weeks as the risk with stillbirth increases the longer your pregnancy progresses. You will probably be prescribed the medication Urso to keep your levels under control and hopefully help with the itching. Once you have the baby the itching will go away with no long term effects to either yourself or baby. If you ever want to chat feel free to message me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->