OC again with 2nd pregnancy

cherrished

Reaction score
Ive been really itchy as of late and told the doc I wanted my bloods checking for OC again as I had it with my first son zac but didn't get diagnosed till 38 weeks and was already booked in for induction due to his growth etc, has anyone else ever had it with their 2nd or other pregnancies? And if so what happens? I went for bloods today at 12pm and results were back in at 6pm and I had a phone call off doctor who said she is getting hospital to ring me with more details and appointment, just don't know what's next! I go antenatal every other week due to diabeties and growth scan as he is on 90th centile and now ive got this again! Seriously I'm going to pot ! Thanks for reading xXx

I had it w/ my 2nd pregnancy, but not my first. From what I understand though, it is more common to have it in subsequent pregnancies. They will probably put you on Urso and you'll likely have more scans and bloodwork than a normal, uncomplicated pregnancy. I was set to be induced @ 37 weeks as the risk increases the more you let the pregnancy progress. Good luck! If you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me. :)

@cherished how is your OC/pregnancy going? I had it with ds1, and this week my itching has taken the same pattern it did at 36 (ish) weeks last time. I have my next appointment on Tuesday and we were already planning to get a full set of labs including bile acid and lfts bc I was having a little itching at my last appointment. But I've been losing sleep over the itching this week.
How did yours present this time? Similar to the first? Are you having a planned induction? Mine came on so severely and so suddenly last time, by the time the labs confirmed it I had my C/S the next am.

I hate feeling paranoid or like a hypochondriac but in my gut, I really think it's back.

I had OC with my first pregnancy and was induced for it. I'm only 11 weeks but have already been itching like mad for the last week and its making me wonder if its the oc already. Although according to my midwife its impossible for it to start this early :shrug:

I had OC with my first pregnancy and was induced for it. I'm only 11 weeks but have already been itching like mad for the last week and its making me wonder if its the oc already. Although according to my midwife its impossible for it to start this early :shrug:

Your midwife is wrong. It is possible..

I had oc with my first diagnosed at 32 weeks and induced at 37 with my second they kept checking my bloods and i was convinced i was itchy now i just think it was in my head as i as always clear, it aas until i was induced 12 days late they told me it uncommon not to get it in subsequent pregnancies. This time im being treated as if i have no history.

That's so weird. You'd think they'd be much more cautious with this pregnancy for you. Fx'd it stays away! Or maybe they'll get their butts in gear and start watching more closely.

AFM, just had my labs done today. Won't know anything for about a week, but he's going to start checking levels every week or two. And basically told me this next two week break will be the last I get, and then I start weekly or more.

Did I mention I hate waiting for labs?!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->