Off Topic-bump pics on FB??

TheNewMrs

Reaction score
Ladies I'm just wondering
What your stance is on posting weekly "bump" photos of your bare baby bump on facebook? 3girls on my friends list have been doing
It since they found out they're pregnant. My hubby and his mates really "extract the urine" of them for it...

I dont mean to
Cause offence to anyone. Just wondering your thoughts on it?

Hey there.

Personally I didn't and wouldn't mainly because of how you're inviting people to pass comment some of which can end up being hurtful even if people think they're being clever and amusing.

To me its up to whoever is posting the pictures and if they think their friends will be nice or they've a thick skin. Most of my friends are great but a couple wouldn't be able to resist hilarious comparisons to a beached whale which aren't so hilarious when you're on the receiving end.

Hey there.

Personally I didn't and wouldn't mainly because of how you're inviting people to pass comment some of which can end up being hurtful even if people think they're being clever and amusing.

To me its up to whoever is posting the pictures and if they think their friends will be nice or they've a thick skin. Most of my friends are great but a couple wouldn't be able to resist hilarious comparisons to a beached whale which aren't so hilarious when you're on the receiving end.

I have an album on FB of my bump pics from Sienna :) Only my friends and family can see it so i dont see the problem ... I adored my bump and was proud of it.., I love looking back now and seeing the progression.

I miss my bump :(

:flower:

i did this but i never published the pictures, if my friends and family found them then it was ok. i mainly did it for my family that are overseas to see how things were going and also as a back up incase my computer ever breaks and i loose all my pics. plus i loved my bump and i wanted to show it off

I don't see a problem with it per se, but I probably wouldn't do it myself. What I did find weird was my cousin posting a photo of her bump on fb, but she was just in her underwear. If you're going to display stuff like that on fb, surely just a raised shirt would suffice?? Hmm..

I will no doubt take pictures, but they will be for me and OH to look at privately. I doubt I'd share them with fb.

I put a few pictures up - not a progression, but at intervals of about 4 weeks or so so there was a difference. I didn't get many comments apart from friends and family who hadn't seen me at all in the pregnancy and they liked the updates.

I'll probably do something similar next time, although last time I wasn't working from 16weeks onwards so had time to update. I've not put any pictures of Earl up since he was 8 months as I've been back at work, so don't think I'll have time to put up pics of my bump either lol. :wacko:

I think it depends person to person... I personally wouldn't, but I enjoy my privacy. Others might like the attention or a way to memorialize their progression. No harm in it, just not for everyone I think.

I don't see a problem with it per se, but I probably wouldn't do it myself. What I did find weird was my cousin posting a photo of her bump on fb, but she was just in her underwear. If you're going to display stuff like that on fb, surely just a raised shirt would suffice?? Hmm..

I will no doubt take pictures, but they will be for me and OH to look at privately. I doubt I'd share them with fb.

God i wasnt that brave with mine! All mine were fully clothed bump pics :thumbup:

But IMO its each to their own.. Pregnancy is such a magical time and i wanted to show my bump off to the world :cloud9:

Wow it's really interesting to hear everyones pov, id like to think I'd record my
Progression monthly or so, but like some of the other ladies-dunno if I'd brave them
On fb after the laugh my hubby and his friends have at said friends weekly updates in her
Underwear. I think it's a lovely thing to record though.

I never took any bump pics the last time and I do regret that a little bit. But personally I wouldn't post them on facebook or probably even on here. But I am quite private about things like that and I'd hate to think of random 'friends' taking the piss out of something quite personal to me.

I think its ok to put them up if you limit who see's them to close friends/family.
I didn't make my pregnancy public on facebook so i obviously didnt put any photos up, but i did take bump photos every couple of weeks to look back on for myself :)

i posted mine of charlie, (fully clothed ones) and only my friends and family could see.. plus i dont have random friends....

one thing i will mention though which is slightly different.. when my daughter was born nearly 3 years ago, i posted pics of me andher not long after birth and my friend emma said looking sexy (meaning me) as a joke, which i found hilariou (nothing reall gets to me like that) anyway some complete random woman commeted n the pic and said its inappropriate to call a baby sexy.. i waas like who the heck are you to be commenting on my private pics.. and it was me she was calling sexy not my baby,so bac the f**k off.... after that i always check my privacy settings coz facebook is renowned for just changing them...

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->