OH and cooking! Rant

M

MyFirstNoodle

I know everyone cooks dfferently but my OH drives me INSANE! He thinks he's right all the time!

He moans I never cook....thats because he never lets me. When I do cook he wanders in and takes over or tells me what to do.

We are making spag bowl. So simple and easy to make. I was brought up with my mum and how she cooks i.e you put the mince in the pan until it browns.....have your chopped onions and mushrooms in a SEPERATE saucepan...once the mince is cooked then add the onions and the mushrooms and everything else. BUT he insists on cooking onions and mushrooms first then adding half a packet of mince to the same pan....waiting for that to cook and then adding the second half of mince once the first half is already cooked and by this point the mushrooms and onions are like burnt because they have been in the pan too long. I tell him but he thinks he's gordon ramsay lmao!! :dohh:

Anyone else's OH like this? Just having my usual moan :haha:

My OH tries to take a lot of control when I'm cooking aswell but he's now gotten use to my glare when he starts to mention anything :rofl:

Suprisingly enough my OH did it the other day when making Spag bol aswell, I gave him the look then later asked if there was enough for him and his response? "Oh no don't ask me I'm not allowed to tell you how to do things" :dohh: I swear sometimes you'd think he's 7 not 37 lol.

My OH tries to take a lot of control when I'm cooking aswell but he's now gotten use to my glare when he starts to mention anything :rofl:

Suprisingly enough my OH did it the other day when making Spag bol aswell, I gave him the look then later asked if there was enough for him and his response? "Oh no don't ask me I'm not allowed to tell you how to do things" :dohh: I swear sometimes you'd think he's 7 not 37 lol.

:rofl:

TBH I done the same thing to my OH when he asked whether I wanted swirl pasta or long pasta lmao :haha:
But its vey annoying especially when he always moans about me not cooking!!

My OH cooks the same way I do so that's ok :lol: I think I'd just take over cooking if my OH was like yours :lol:

My OH takes over cooking all the time. If I'm cooking he'll come and stand and look over my shoulder while giving 'advice'.. aka being a control freak and sticking his nose in.

Even if it's just something cooking in the oven.. he'll go and increase or decrease the times on the timer until it's to his liking. Such a nuisance.

I'm glad my DH can barely make a sandwich :haha: he leaves me firmly in ccontrol of the kitchen which suits me just fine! He can only do the basics of cheese on toast / heating up soup, baked potatoes etc so I don't have to worry!

My OH is like this as well!! It drives me crazy.

He enjoys cooking and to be fair he is pretty decent at it so I dont mind him doing the majority of it.

It's the little things that bug me. For example making things like scrambled egg or even a tin of soup. He makes those things in a microwave whereas I have been brought up doing them on the cooker. However he cant just accept that we do it differently. He has to actually take over and give me in to trouble!

xxx

I'm glad my DH can barely make a sandwich :haha: he leaves me firmly in ccontrol of the kitchen which suits me just fine! He can only do the basics of cheese on toast / heating up soup, baked potatoes etc so I don't have to worry!
Lmao same here.

My OH thinks he's some sort of brilliant whizz in the kitchen.

I no longer attempt to do things anymore, as as you say, he either comes in to take over or comes in to put his two penneth in (which is not appreciated!!)

Now I play with the kids, while he slaves over a hot stove :lol:

Yep my OH is the same !!

Don't think I can complain really because if I were to choose I would pick OH's food over mine anyday :haha:

In saying that he does make a hell of a mess when cooking !!!

This is my oh too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->