OH and I can't pick a name!

MamaLa

Reaction score
Im 20+ 2 this is so sad, and frustrating that we can't pick a name. I really want to start bonding with LO. I like the name Gabrielle and he likes Yemaya. He's not in love with my name, and I'm not in love with his. I want something that we both can agree on but it's so hard. I feel like my baby will not have a name.

How did you and your OH pick names?

Gabrielle is beautiful! I have always thought the name Yesenia was very pretty, too, if you're open to suggestions :flower:

With our LO, it just kind of happened. I had read a novel years ago (I was 15) and fallen in love with the name. When DH and I talked about having children, that was the only name I suggested, and he agreed right away. Boy names were harder...thank goodness it's a girl. Sometimes, thinking about it TOO much makes it even more stressful! You have plenty of time to find a name that you both love. :hugs:

Thank You. I love Gabrielle and the name Yesenia! I'll mention it to the hubby.!

P.S. Your due 10 days after me!

For the first one it was easy, after the gender scan we went for a coffee and by the time our cups were empty we had her name.

For the second, not so much. I wanted Sienna, he wanted Jessica. We both liked the other's name but like you weren't in love. We went back and forth a few times, and she was born nameless. We decided the day after she was born, we looked at her and decided that she looked more like a Sienna. Though I think also dh let me have the name as I'd been through a lot and he felt sorry for me!

I know how you feel...hubby and I are still going back and forth on names.

I wrote up a list of names I liked, and taped it to the fridge. He crossed off a few he absolutely did not like, then added a few he did. And then I did the same. And so on! We try to let names digest for a few days or more before completely nixing them.

Through this process we've zeroed in our middle name for sure, and down to two names for the first....woohoo! We often shower together (which is getting tougher between my baby bump and his sympathetic bump LOL) and that's usually when we would talk about names, saying them out loud and such with our surname.

Hope you find one you both love soon!

I know how you feel...hubby and I are still going back and forth on names.

I wrote up a list of names I liked, and taped it to the fridge. He crossed off a few he absolutely did not like, then added a few he did. And then I did the same. And so on! We try to let names digest for a few days or more before completely nixing them.

Through this process we've zeroed in our middle name for sure, and down to two names for the first....woohoo! We often shower together (which is getting tougher between my baby bump and his sympathetic bump LOL) and that's usually when we would talk about names, saying them out loud and such with our surname.

Hope you find one you both love soon!

Very creative! We definitely will try this. It's nice to have something physical to see and go over

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->