Oh dear is this what i think it is?? PIC ADDED

natasja32

Mum to 4 boys
Reaction score
Im pretty sure it is but wanted to get your opinions. My 4 year old came home from school today really grotty and just not himself. He doesnt want to eat and has a slight temp. He has had a cough for a few days and didnt sleep well last night either. Well he got changed and I found this on his tummy....:wacko: Is this chicken pox? PS: He was around his niece about two weeks ago and she came down with chicken pox.:dohh:

Attachments

• chicken pox.jpg
    chicken pox.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 45
Hard to tell from that pic but it could be especially since chickenpox are contagious before the spots appear

Eeek, looks like it is the pox :(

V xxx

It looks like it!! oh dear, plenty of calamine lotion!!! x

Could be.. Keep an eye out to see if any more come and use plenty of calamine lotion to stop the itching, my daughter had them last year.

He has a few more on his back and a couple that have apeard on his tummy now too....:shrug:

does look like a pox, give him some piriton helped loads when mine had them... hope he doesn't get it too bad.

Thanks for all the replies girls. Its seems it is chicken pox. He has a temp of 38,really flushed and has come up with more blisters.....:wacko: This will prob sound like a really dumb question,but can he have a bath with the chicken pox or is it best just to give him a wash???:shrug:

Read this on an NHS website the other day as my nephew has it too. Just give the bath a good clean after before anyone else uses it.

Wishing a speedy recovery, I remember it as a child and it wasn't nice.

To help your itches:

Have a bath every 3-4 hours
Putting a few tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda in each bath can help
Smother yourself in calamine lotion
Try not to scratch them as they may scar and/or get infected
You may also want to take some paracetamol or ibuprofen to help to ease aches and pains if you have them.

I did also read that you can use oatmeal in the bath to relieve the itching. It suggested putting the oats in the end of a pair of tights, tying them up and just soaking them in the bath.

Thought would mention that too as well as the bicarb above.

Good luck xx

make sure his nails are trimmed well and if you can persuade him to wear gloves, do to stop itching. Lots of baths (no perfumed soap or toiletries) and calamine lotion after. Hope he's ok!

Harry hated the calamine lotion so we put some in the bath. piriton and nurofen/calpol alternated through out the day really helped him. He had it really badly but didn't reall suffer with the itching.

Good thing to use is eurax it's better than calamine. Hope he gets better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->