Oh Dear Lord

Flowermommy

Four beautiful daughters
Reaction score
Wasn't exactly sure where to put this, just needed a little rant!

MIL was holding my LO when my brother-in-law called to say his wife had just gone into labour! Yey! At which point MIL looks at my daughter and says

"You'll be all grown up now he's on his way. No more baby for you!"

My daughter is 10weeks old. 10 weeks! I'm surprised I didn't faint with how far back into my head my eyes rolled, lol.

Sooo.... Arrrrgggghhhhh.

Haha, needed that :haha:

Bloody MIL's!!!! Did you tell her that she's old because she's a grandma!

I would be so hurt and angry with my MIL if she said something like that. Luckily we get along fine but I have heard so many horror stories of MILs and the awful things they have said/done. I just don't get it!

I remember my grandmother babying me, my siblings, and my cousins no matter how old we were. Even my older half-brother who wasn't related to her by blood was treated the same, he was her grandbaby just as much as I was.

But just remember this moment for when you become a MIL and a grandma!

:haha: we always have a joke in OHs family as our niece is 3 months older than Bobby, were always winding everyone up with whose their favourite and you pay more attention to so and so.

Its funny i have to say, dont take it personally, you'll be able to get her back ;)

yep, my son was 5 weeks old when my SIL announced her pregnancy, from that minute he was no longer the baby. what the hell, he was my baby!

God how annoying!!!
My MIL sounded annoyed when she was saying it's my LO's first Xmas this year and not her grandsons as it was last year.
MILs are horrible!!

Thanks ladies, good to know I'm not just being hormonal!

Well my lovely nephew has arrived and both times we've visited ive had "God, how big is she??", "What are you feeding her??" not to mention the grunting noises as they pick her up!! N my father-in-law trying to persuade me she's old enough for some chocolate! She's (now) 11 weeks old ffs!! :dohh:

Got to the point where if they dont shut their silly gobs soon ill stay away until the babies are about the same size. Could do with a couple of months off from them!! X :haha:

When my son was born my mum said "Not another one" and "we really needed a girl this time"... One of many corkers my mother comes out with daily!!
Went to my uncles funeral Friday and my siblings and I were all waiting for the onslaught of inopropriate comments..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->