OH did the washing :-(

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
I went to unload the tumble dryer today & what do i find? My (OK, Travis') disana wool pull on pants- only been used once!!!!! They've been through the washing machine AND the tumble dryer! Theyve gone fluffy and shrunk to about half the size :cry: Im not sure whether to buy more or not, i only used em once and hadn't even formed an opinion of them yet! Probs wont mention it to OH, as he was only trying to help, and he's much newer to this cloth nappying than me- i dont wanna put him off/ knock his confidence with them, coz other than that he's doing so well! In fact, he even says he finds disposables confusing & cant seem to put em on properly! :dohh:

awww hun :hugs: Sam wont touch my nappies due to being afraid of doing it wrong lol although if you see my post my mum put conditioner in mine yesterday :dohh:

Ive literally just read it!!! Family members trying 2 b helpful eh?! :dohh:

oh no :dohh: - you are very patient - I would have gone mad at my OH - poor sod:haha:

Oh no!!! :cry: I have to admit, I'd have had to have had a grumble about it to him! DH has shrunken a couple of my wool jumpers and I was upset about them, so goodness knows what state I'll be in if he ruins any of our pretty cloth!!

May I ask - how are you getting on with the nappies on a newborn? Which are you finding the best? I'm trying to get a big selection in preparation, but don't really want to buy any that are going to be too big/leak for the first couple of months (I can buy those when DH has forgotten about all of the ones that I've bought already!!:haha:)

Oh no!!! :cry: I have to admit, I'd have had to have had a grumble about it to him! DH has shrunken a couple of my wool jumpers and I was upset about them, so goodness knows what state I'll be in if he ruins any of our pretty cloth!!

May I ask - how are you getting on with the nappies on a newborn? Which are you finding the best? I'm trying to get a big selection in preparation, but don't really want to buy any that are going to be too big/leak for the first couple of months (I can buy those when DH has forgotten about all of the ones that I've bought already!!:haha:)

We're doing well! OH likes the ittis best- the itti AIOs very best, and the SIOs 2nd best. I find the SIOs give quite a bit of leg gape, which is fine for wees, but not great for poos! But, ive just taken the inserts out of the tumble 4 the 1st time, and they feel sooooo much softer, so maybe when i use them this time, they'll fit to his shape a bit better? Ur baby's due at about the tim emine will b growing out of smalls... keep ur eye on the swap n sell thread 4 em! lol!

I quite like the bamboozle stretch, with a motherease wrap over the top- we use these 4 night time. I also like my small blueberry wrap. I wasnt expecting any of the birth 2 potty 1s to fit, but the blueberry onesize are fab! Prob wont fit under trousers tho, so im lucky its summer!

Thanks Kate, thats really really useful. Good news is that all but one of my ittis are AIOs! Please let me know how you get on now the SIOs are washed as they look ideal for convenience when out (i.e. taking a spare couple of sets of the inserts). I've bought a little lamb microfibre to try and was planning on getting a couple of the bamboozle stretches (I think I'd remember you saying last time that you liked them).

Definitely give me a shout when you're looking to sell as I'd probably have several of them (which may save you lots of trips to the post office!).

Glad you're getting on so well - its giving me confidence about trying this from the start (although I think we'll stick to disposables until the yucky black stuff is out of the way!!!).

oohhh no! :-(
I refuse to allow my OH to wash anything of mine or Izzys, unless he has exact instructions, and he is banned from moving things to the tumble drier too after shrinking my new jumper that had been worn once!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->