OH in 40's?

dvm2004

Trying to conceive #1
Reaction score
Anyone here with their OH who is in their 40's and your not? I was wondering if anyone has ever been told how much age truly affects a man's ability to have a baby? Anyone having issues?

I'm 36 and OH is 48. We conceived first month of trying (when I was 35 and he was 47). One of my friend got pregnant at 28 to her 52-year-old husband and I sometimes work with a guy who last year had his sixth child to his mid-30s wife at the grand age of - hold onto your seat - 78!! Apparently paternal age does make a difference but nothing at all like maternal age.

I'm 38 next week :)happydance:) & my OH is 43..We have a 17 year old daughter together & for several years have been trying for #2 with no bfp as I write!

It's somewhat easier for men as they continue to produce :spermy: no matter what age, whereas for us women our eggs start to deplete in both quantity & quality from when we are born! :dohh:

But it IS possible for us to get our bfp, as plenty of women have proved this on B&B, good luck:thumbup:

:hugs:

Hi im 36 and OH is 46 and we've been trying for 2 years now. But hopeful :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->