oh my :(

emilyjade

mummy of two!
Reaction score
well DS just ran through the kitchen while i was seeing to LO and dropped my Iphone down the loo! Im guttered! He came out with it in hand dripping wet saying ot ohhhh! :dohh:

Oh no! Try taking it apart and putting it in rice/airing cupboard..? You'd need to google to check recommendations for this

My OH has done this quite a few times. (Bath, Toilet, WASHING MACHINE!!)

Turn it off and either put it in a bag of rice (no idea why but it works) or an airing cupboard. If you have access to neither just take it all apart and leave to dry for AGES.

Do NOT be tempted to turn it on. If it still has water inside it will cause it to short out (which will ruin it). It's so tempting to 'test' if it's still working - but don't. The longer you can leave it the better.

The first time my OH did it, first response was to turn it on and see if it worked - never worked again.
Second time (new phone) he left it 24 hours in rice and it had white lines across the screen - he turned it back off and left it for another 24 hours and it was fine.

Most recently he did it and just left it for a week - works fine!

xx

its in rice atm but i think it will be completely gone :(

iv had a look at it and its just coming up emergency and to connect to itunes :(

Hope you get it working. I dunno what I would do without mine :(

don't switch it on! iPhones are pretty hardy. Though it isn't an iPhone, we had one of the 1st generation of iPods and it cost over £300 at the time, as it was the first one with video and several GB of memory, a month or so after we got it I went to switch it on in the docking station it was in and noticed it was wet and wouldn't switch on! I then noticed the wetness smelt of wee-my second eldest who was very little at the time had dipped it in the potty full of wee when he had done one and replaced it back in the docking station without us noticing. I left it on a shelf above a radiator for 3 weeks and it suddenly sprang back to life; and it still works now over 5 years later! The kids use and play with it now xx

I hope you get it working again. My OH recently knocked his phone into a jug of water while it was on charge and didn't realise and it was there overnight, we put in a bag of rice for 48 hours, the backlight was blown, it kept coming up saying "connect to itunes" so we did, and it kept making my laptop crash, I managed to restore it and it just went back to "connect to itunes" he took the sim card out and it was fried. Now he has to take it to an apple shop with £150 for a replacement :(

Thank you everyone, still pretty guttered but its only a phone at the end of the day. I have had no luck with this phone at all! x

I hope you get it working again. My OH recently knocked his phone into a jug of water while it was on charge and didn't realise and it was there overnight, we put in a bag of rice for 48 hours, the backlight was blown, it kept coming up saying "connect to itunes" so we did, and it kept making my laptop crash, I managed to restore it and it just went back to "connect to itunes" he took the sim card out and it was fried. Now he has to take it to an apple shop with £150 for a replacement :(

for the replacement do you get a new one? What model is his? x

His is a 3GS, and its for a reconditioned model which is what his was. I don't know the prices for the other models and new ones, if you pop into your local apple shop or ring them they should be able to give you some advice x x x

His is a 3GS, and its for a reconditioned model which is what his was. I don't know the prices for the other models and new ones, if you pop into your local apple shop or ring them they should be able to give you some advice x x x

Thanks hun, iv rung the nearest shop to me and the woman on the phone laughed when i explained what happened the knob so i put the phone down :grr:

OMG how rude! I would have hung up too.

im kind of alright about it now just annoyed with myself for not looking after it better but to laugh at a customer is just wrong! x

I agree with the others don't turn it on, leave it in rice or airing cupboard for at least 24 hours without turning it on and it should be ok.

Ds 1 dropped mine in a cup of tea a while back and I put it in rice for a few hours and I also put the hairdryer on it for an hour or so! I had the same message as you did but after about 4 hours I switched it on and it worked! So there maybe hope!
Apple apparently don't cover against water damage though?
The phone has sensors on it that turn pink when it's been damaged by water!
Look down your headphone jack with a light if you see a pink dot then your phone has probably died :( if it's White then dry it out as much as possible x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->