Oh No! "mildew" stains on my mums dress!

Lydiarose

Reaction score
My mum gave me a brand new dress to sell on ebay that didnt fit her,she really needed the money for xmas . . . and ive just got it out the bag to take a pic and its got black ish circle type small stains on one side about 10 of them . . .

It smells like "damp" like a mildew sort of smell,i just put it on a 30min wash and it didnt help so tried a 2 hour wash on 40 degrees . . .

Oh god anyone got any tips to get it out??

I've never been able to get them out. Aaron once left a soaking wet towel in the laundry for 3 days in the old basket and when i found it, i couldn't get it out :(

Sorry they are usually permanent, and by usually i mean they are always :/ ... x

Dr Beckmann's "Stain Devil". Little bottles, they are about a quid each, Asda sell them (and I'd imagine most other supermarkets would too). It's just the generic one (which I think has a picture of a red wine glass on the front).

I've twice used it to get mildew marks out of pushchairs which I've bought second-hand :) What I would say is to make sure you do a test patch on somewhere inconspicous first, just to check for colour fastness etc. But it's definitely worth a shot.

Ive never managed to get them out either! Thanks for that tip though Eala! xx

I'm of no help either I'm afraid, hate bloody mildew stains! There are some on Lachlan's toys that I've since washed :grr: They make things look so yucky.

Try a mixture of lemon juice and salt - make a paste with them, apply to stains then let dry in sunlight for a while.
Might take a couple of applications but it's worked for me

X

How about trying a fairy soap bar??? I've found it really good to get stains/ marks out! My DS got oil all over his new football top(ggggrrrrrr)!! and used the soap bar and was amazed that it had come out..... Hope u sort it chick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->