Ohh so carpal tunnel is real?

Jcliff

Reaction score
And it's terrible! Another reason I can't sleep. My hands keep going numb and hurt!!! This is awful! Why does this happen?? Ok baby ready for you to come out, I don't think I can handle anything else.

Oh bugger - I'd forgotten about this. I lost all feeling in most of my fingers by the time Eddy came last time (started around 36 weeks). Good news is it goes completely within a week of baby coming normally (did for me anyway) but I agree it's really not nice. (had blocked it out....must remember to expect it lol).

Exercising your hands (do you have a stress ball or similar) can help. :hugs:

oh yeah its real!!! I found this out starting about a week ago, as if I need anything else to stop me from sleeping :( x

Oh, I know!! This is the first pregnancy I've had any swelling or carpal tunnel and it's brutal!! I've had no feeling in my left hand for a month. Ugh. I even broke down and went to the chiropractor yesterday. And I'm horrified of chiropractors.

Mine started at roughly 34 weeks and got progressively worse as summer arrived in full force! They're always a bit sore and my rings don't fit anymore but it's really bad at night. If they're in the wrong position at all they go completely numb and I get pains all the way up to my elbows! I had it last time too but not nearly this bad. Granted that was winter in Scotland and not summer in the American south. Swelling is par for the course now. I find cutting motions really uncomfortable and even spreading jam on toast isn't pleasant.

Try to avoid salt as much as possible and stay cool. Oh and I've found that sleeping in a wrist brace really helps with the radiating arm pain!

I don't have much swelling at all, but it seems especially when I sleep I have carpal tunnel. Thankfully I've always been able to adjust to whatever is uncomfortable and ignore it after a little while. For me started at about 28 weeks and carpal tunnel has gotten worse (am now 32 weeks) but I'm just more aware of how I have my hands or what I'm doing. When I wake up at night to go potty (once or twice) my hands ache specally my fingers but I just shake them loose and after a few minutes they are fine.

I know they were bad Thursday thru Saturday last week due to the fact we were having a rummage sale and it just HAD to be one of the hottest few days. Seemed to have aggravated my carpal tunnel but now that I rested and it has cooled down, it's all 'good'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->