OH's Name Choices

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
My OH has favorite name choices - both of which I love - but they aren't my first choices.

Girl: Olivia Liliana
Boy: Noah Riley

I am worried that they are "too popular" and "too common."

I prefer the spelling Alyvia - I think the "a" softens the name a bit. Plus if there is more than one Olivia in the class, she will have her own unique spelling.

OH prefers the traditional spelling (as a fan of Mariska Hargitay's character Olivia Spencer on Law & Order: SVU). :haha:

Thoughts? Opinions?

I like the boy name as is. Very nice!

Olivia is of course top 2 or 3 for a few years so yes one of the most common names. Even so, the way you want to spell it is odd--to me is looks really strange and not even pronounced as Olivia. Looks like Al-via or something, I don't know. Olivia is fine as is. I'm not a fan of the middle with it either. Any other middle choices?

im sorry but im very much of the belief Alyvia is a different name (Al not Ol) not too mention it looks wierd

Liliana is cute

Yeah, I know Olivia Liliana is a bit of a mouthful! LOL. It's basically two of our fave names from our list combined. We are not fans of "generic" middle names like Mae or Marie or Ann and we aren't into the tradition of using a family name either. We would like our kid's to have their own individual name - simply created out of names we love (not names we are "obligated" to use on behalf of a family member).

I love the name Kayliana (nn. Kayli) - and if I had my say - I would prob want Kayliana Sophia.

We like super fem, pretty, girly names!

Do you think Olivia Sophia sounds better?

Love your boys name.

Girls name is a bit of a mouthful and would agree with your Oh on the spelling.
But its what you guys like that counts :)

What about Liliana Olivia? I think Liliana is much less common and its still your fave names.

Noah is becoming more popular, but I love it nonetheless :)

I like Liliana Olivia - but my niece has an "-ana" name so it may seem silly with their names rhyming! :shrug:

It's weird bc the names Noah & Olivia are so high on the popularity lists and yet I don't know any kids with those names!! My son has never had a classmate with either name and i'm a social worker and have never had clients with those names. I know of a distant relative who has a son named Noah and one person on my FB has a son Noah. And I know one previous co-worker who has an "Olivia" (but they spell it Alivea). I'm not sure where they're all hiding!!!!!! :haha:

Alyvia is a pretty cool idea. Or even Elyvia, Elle/Ellie for short?

My OH has favorite name choices - both of which I love - but they aren't my first choices.

Girl: Olivia Liliana
Boy: Noah Riley

I am worried that they are "too popular" and "too common."

I prefer the spelling Alyvia - I think the "a" softens the name a bit. Plus if there is more than one Olivia in the class, she will have her own unique spelling.

OH prefers the traditional spelling (as a fan of Mariska Hargitay's character Olivia Spencer on Law & Order: SVU). :haha:

Thoughts? Opinions?

I think Noah Riley is sweet. Not too fond of Olivia Liliana. I like both girl names, but just not together.

My brain wants to pronounce Alyvia in some way other than Olivia. If that makes sense?

Personally I wouldnt change the spelling of a name. I think it looks odd and a lot of people are doing it to be different but the name is still said the same so whats the point. She would spend forever correcting people. I like the names swapped around, Liliana Olivia. x

I like your boy name. :)

The girl name is very pretty, but pretty popular, and the combination has a lot of I's and L's in it. Maybe switch out the middle name for something that sounds a bit different, like Juliana, Grace, Alexandra, etc. Not sure what your taste is, but maybe pick something with some contrasting sounds for the middle name?

the optioned spellings for Olivia change the phonetics so much it becomes a different name, especially given the nickname.

'O'(oh)livia becames 'A' (ah) lyv (live) ia or 'E' (ee)lyv (live)ia.

Its a beautiful name as Olivia and I think that is exactly why it is so popular.

Just one person, just one opinion.

My niece's middle name is Alivia, Rhylan Alivia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->