Ointment for cloth nappies

DolceBella

Mum of 2 Gingers!!
Reaction score
I currently use Northern Essence Natural Diaper Rash Salve, but Bella is such a heavy wetter that she still gets a red bum often. I'm even changing her nappie every 60-90 minutes!!

Can anyone recommend a different bum cream that's safe with cloth nappies?

I've been wondering this too as atm if Evie's bum is sore (dreaded teething bum) then I'll put a sposie on her while she's got a ton of bepanthen on her little red cheeks.
AG, is it readily available in pharmacies/supermarkets or is it an online only thing? And it's definatley safe on cloth nappies? Sounds marvellous!

I dont know if its ok, but i just use bepanthen with fleece liners. However, i have not been using cloth long enough to know if it has any adverse affects, good so far:shrug:

I think its an online onl thing...
I use it after every nappy change as a barrier as Alexs skin is so sensitive and it has no adverse effects with cloth. Its all natrual so washes out easily (though if its on the nappies id say you used too much! you need very little and rub it in)

I love the Green People Organic Baby Balm too (same stuff as AG uses). Smells delish, works well, and lasts AGES as you only need a tiny bit. I got mine for about £9 shipped on Ebay.

I think it works so well with cloth because it only takes a tiny amount to be effective, so you don't have a thick layer which can rub off onto the nappy/liner.

I use bepanthan but it's fine cos I also thick, massive fleece liners so none gets on the actual nappy :)

I use camisolan as it feels quite water based, seems to work, if his bum is really sore I'll use metanium with a sposie as it's awful to get off clothes!

I actually just use Sudocream, but with fleece liners, as others have said, so none seems to get on the nappies themselves.haven't noticed any ill effects, anyway!

Aah ok so if used with liners then it shouldnt affect the nappy? Great stuff as I have a huge whopping tub of Sudocreme and 2 tubes of Bepanthen (all bought while I was pregnant :rofl: ) and it would seem such a waste to go out and buy yet another bum cream!

Just randomly, I did see Organic Babies stuff in John Lewis the other day. I think they had the nappy balm, but it was more expensive than buying it online.

If I need nappy cream I have an organic Tesco one that seems ok. It's quite thin and seems to absorb quickly so I think it's ok with a liner. I don't use anything unless absolutely necessary though. Even using a liner, I'm not sure it's definitely ok cos I'm not sure if the wee can wash some of the cream through the liner into the nappy?

We have to use cream every nappy change or Alex will get a rash and ive not had any ill effects with nappies and the organic babies one :)

i use burts bees nappy ointment and i think its fab
you dont need much and you rub it in well do it wont affect your nappies :)

its lovely on the skin too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->