Ok, bad attitude time is over.

Shelley71

Reaction score
I've had a good couple of days and I'm feeling MUCH better. I'm still upset that things didn't turn out the way I had hoped, but I had to take a long hard look at the fact, that we just started this journey. There is no reason to get this upset, this soon. My age just FREAKS ME OUT!

I've also come to the conclusion, that since I found these websites and learned about charting, etc. that I got sucked in and completely obsessed myself to distraction. It's all I could think about day in, and day out. I spent ALL my time on message boards and just really ignored my life completely. I'm kind of OCD, so that's normal for me.

Now, I'm a lot calmer and I'm ready to do this in a not-so-frantic way. Thanks to all of you for your support and pretty much talking me down.

:hugs:

I've had a good couple of days and I'm feeling MUCH better. I'm still upset that things didn't turn out the way I had hoped, but I had to take a long hard look at the fact, that we just started this journey. There is no reason to get this upset, this soon. My age just FREAKS ME OUT!

I've also come to the conclusion, that since I found these websites and learned about charting, etc. that I got sucked in and completely obsessed myself to distraction. It's all I could think about day in, and day out. I spent ALL my time on message boards and just really ignored my life completely. I'm kind of OCD, so that's normal for me.

Now, I'm a lot calmer and I'm ready to do this in a not-so-frantic way. Thanks to all of you for your support and pretty much talking me down.

Hey Shelley,

I'm so glad to hear you have sorted through your feelings and feel much better this evening! There is so much information out there that I can understand how it can consume you trying to filter out the "junk" from the truths. Now that is out of the way and you can observe the right signs and symptoms along with charting, then go about your day knowing you have done everything you can do ttc.

I hope your monitor and charting, along with your fertile signs give you a clear indication of what you need and want to see this cycle. I'll be keeping my fx'd that all goes well for you! :hugs:

glad you're feeling better shelley
i totally understand what you mean about obsessing, i'm the same!
hope you find a way that works for you!

Glad the fog is lifting Shelley :hugs:

It took me a couple of weeks on this board to be able to shift through information and not obsess on the irrelevant although I do still obsess on the relevant :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your cycle settles, that you AF comes along and the next cycle is positive with ovulation occurring :hugs:

Hi Shelley,glad u are feeling better ,and u are not alone on how u feel ,I think most of us can understand wot u are going thru,:hugs:good luck on your next cycle,so glad u are back on track:happydance:

Hi Shelley

Good to hear that you're back on track. :thumbup:

All of us have had an obsessive mindset at one time or another but you soon realise that it doesn't get you anywhere fast! There's a huge difference between being obsessive and being focused/determined and there is nothing wrong with the latter.

I don't doubt for one minute that you (and everyone else) will get a BFP at some point.

All the best
xxxx

yay for pma! I have been quite calm this past 2WW and its been much better. I hope that you can have a calmer next cycle :thumbup:

hey why dont you join me in a pact: to NOT think about our age. Think about it, we cannot do anything about our age so why obssess about it? its just another added stress that we dont need. I also think about it all the time and Im done! lets get that thought out of our mind, lets imagine we have plenty of time. Theres been lots of BFPs in this section, that could be us! imagine that someone has whispered to us that we have plenty of time. pact??!!

Hey Shelley - glad you have turned a corner and back on track :hugs:

Ps if that is you in the photo you don't look anywhere near your age so you have to stop worrying about it!

Sarah - Ok, DEAL!! NO more age worries. It's going to happen.

Storm - Hahaha, thank you! Yes, that is actually me and everyone is blown away when I say I'm 40. I'm very thankful I look VERY young for my age!

Sarah - Ok, DEAL!! NO more age worries. It's going to happen.

Storm - Hahaha, thank you! Yes, that is actually me and everyone is blown away when I say I'm 40. I'm very thankful I look VERY young for my age!

You look younger than me and I don't look old for my age! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->