ok ladies...i'm about to cry!

littlesara

Reaction score
ok ladies, as the title suggests, i'm at a complete utter disbelief and about to cry!!!!! just came back from my doc appt and it was not good.

quick history, i'm 43, i've been pregnant 6 times, i have 5 live children, oldest being 22, youngest, 7. so my new hubby and i are TTC'ing for a sibling for our 7 year old, and i have been having the craziest monthly cycles.

I haven't had an AF since August!!!! on CD95!! been tested at home and at Doc's all BFN's! so i went to the doc, and he prescribed me provera, of which i took, for 10 days, no AF and i should have had one at least 3 weeks ago, so today i go in again, and ask for some help.

he tells me that he thinks i am going through early menopause!!!!! what the !!!!! he asks me how old my sister is, she is 41, severely overweight, with alot of health problems, but she is having her cycle, matter of fact, she was 4 months PG without knowing it and lost it. he asks about my mother, i tell him she is around 65 and was having her periods till she was about 55 or so. before she stopped. sooo..............he doesn't check me, no internal, no ultrasound, no checking my BB's nothing.

I've gained 10 lbs in the last few months, my BB's are huge and dark, i'm extremely hungry all the time, and have to pee all time! he says that if i am, menopausal, that i would gain weight, and to just diet and exercise. he then proceeds to tell me that he doesn't think that it would be beneficial to do any labs, because if i am, i am, and there is no stopping it. he wants me to come back in 4 to 6 months!!!! with a history of my cycles, if i get them.

i don't know what to do at this point!!!! any suggestions???? is there anything i can take, naturally, that if there was the remote possibly that everyone is wrong and i am actually PG, that would be ok to take to bring down AF and ovulate regular?

i'm so sad:cry:

I'm SO sorry. Forgive me for saying this so bluntly, but your doctor is an irresponsible boob if he told you this without running blood tests at least! :growlmad: I would demand bloodwork, do as much research as you can to find out what kind of testing can be done to determine where you're body is at reproductively and request that as well. The very fact that he told you to come back in 6 months sends HUGE red flags up to me. That's too much time to waste on a useless doctor! :nope:

I agree--do not let this doctor have the last say--I would find another doctor--43 you are still young. My hairdresser is 39 (has been trying for years to have a baby) and has not had a monthly in 3 months--went to doctor (ran tests--you have the right to have tests!) and found out she was in peri men--at 39 wtf? she is now going to an acupuncurest with positive results--never give up!

That's horrible!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: That Dr. is a total ass-hat!! My suggestion is to find another Dr. and seek a second opinion. It's your body and you have a right to know what is happening...keep persisting until someone helps you. All the best :flower:

thank you for all your kind words. yeah, you would think that i know my body better than anybody else!!!! go figure! unfortunately, i have 3 weeks till i graduate nursing school, yeah, second career, so i will seek out advice in 3 weeks. but, this is crazy!!!! i'm going to do alot of research and i will let you ladies know what i come up with. k?

That's horrible!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: That Dr. is a total ass-hat!! My suggestion is to find another Dr. and seek a second opinion. It's your body and you have a right to know what is happening...keep persisting until someone helps you. All the best :flower:

^^^WSS :hugs:

ok ladies, new update, today is currently CD107, went to a lab to have my blood work done, paid for it myself! was hella expensive, but hopefully worth it. will get the result in 3 days! if this is menopause, then it's nothing like i expected.

Glad you went to get your own test! It will help to put your mind at ease. If you need further testing, I would seek another OBGYN that will recommend these tests so you don't have to go out of your own pocket. Best of luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->